Slimming world 2018 journey

Jemjem2015

Hello I am new to this and just started at slimming world 3 weeks ago (30/12/17) I had 3 stone 2 and a half pounds to loose for fertility clinic and about another 4 on top of that for myself

I have tried weight watchers and slimming world in the past but never stuck to it but I am determined this year that I will do it and so far I have lost 8.5lbs

Here is my journey and will try and post daily of what I've ate so I have it for my own records too

Thanks for looking Jemma xxx
received_2001466483512794.jpeg

Monday 22nd January
Breakfast nothing
Lunch-homemade spaghetti Bolognese with quorn mince
Tea-homemade vegetable soup with brown bread
Snacks-croissant, blueberries
HE A dairylea cheese triangles light
HE B brown bread
SYNS croissant 9

Hi I need help !
I have been doing slimming world now for 3 weeks, first week i lost 4 pound which obviously I'm over the moon with but for the last 2 weeks I've stayed the same and I don't know why.
I have been so good chopping and changing my days eating loads of free food etc but no weight loss starting to get a bit disheartened !
Can any one help me with some suggestions or has this happened to any one else .

Hello! I just joined a group last week, on day 4 and feeling ok so far. I'm following your thread for inspiration :) congrats on your 1/2 stone award!!

Hi I need help !
I have been doing slimming world now for 3 weeks, first week i lost 4 pound which obviously I'm over the moon with but for the last 2 weeks I've stayed the same and I don't know why.
I have been so good chopping and changing my days eating loads of free food etc but no weight loss starting to get a bit disheartened !
Can any one help me with some suggestions or has this happened to any one else .

Have you been writing everything down and within syns every day/checking syns on everything? Sorry to ask such silly questions but easy mistakes can have a big difference. For example once I thought a packet of crisps was 4 syns but it was 9 syns as I was looking at the wrong amount of grams on a packet and eating them about 3 times a week!! Things like that make a really big difference. Sometimes people do maintain occasionally, but I think it's rare to maintain two weeks in a row (although it can happen). Maybe if you post a couple of examples of your food diary it might help to identify where you're going wrong.

Yeah I have been writing every thing down religiously and checking the syns on every thing I eat .
I weighed myself today and stayed the same again but I'm wondering if I've lost inches instead as I look slimmer but weigh the same lol I think I'll just carry on for another week and see what happenes.
I may have to start exercising to loose it just hard as my son is 2 and a half and my daughter is 4 months , my friend goes to slimming world class and she has looked over what I have been eating and she said what I'm doing is right so how am I not loosing the weight .

Well it has only been 2 weeks of maintaining so maybe because you had a big loss the first week your body is just adjusting. SW is more of a slower diet and if you're doing everything right the weight will drop off, you just need to keep at it :)

Try eating more speed/free food, drink loads of water (at least 2 litres a day) and use less syns if you aren't already. I always try and eat loads of speed food Mon-Fri and low syn throughout the week, then have higher syn days at the weekend. That usually works for me but you'll find what works for you, good luck with your weigh in this week!

Back