Slimming World Advice for new Male Beginner

Paul8

Hi,
I joined Slimming World at one of my local groups before Xmas 2011. I went along no problem despite having reservations about being the only man there. This was not the case and found 3 other men also at the group.
I took away my books and was full of enthusiasm for the new diet. I attended the meetings a few times and found I only lost 2 to 3 lb overall.
It sounds like a poor excuse but the other men at the group were there with their partners and worked together at meal times to help each other lose weight.
Although very supportive, my partner would not attend.
I lost interest becoming baffled by the books and gave up a short time later.

I have realised that the group sessions are not for me but are there any Men out there with easy ideas meal wise that do well on Slimming World.
I am not worried about variety, just a typical day so I can get off to a good start.

Many thanks

Also look up ColJack, his journey will inspire you! He did it alone too.

I don't understand, why IT is not for you, I go alone, my partner is a whippet thin chocoholic. I think maybe if you did a pros/cons list as to why you want to lose weight and stuck it on the fridge it might motivate you.
With motivation and a desire to succeed these seemingly huge obstacles will be mere irritations.
Oh and loss is loss no matter how small
Good luck xxx

Hello mate i repsonded to your post on my thread so i wont retype it all here but one thing i would say is if you follow the plan and eat enough, ie dont try to eat small amounts as that defeats the object of slimming world, as long as you eat the right types of foods ie the free and superfree foods i promise you you will lose weight, and eat those foods until you are satisfied, you should never end a meal feeling you want more as theres no reason to on this diet

Eg i have 2 jacket spuds with tuna and 1 table spoon of extra light mayo (1/2 syn for the tablespoon) along with a load of salad with picked onions, beetroot, lettuce, cucumber etc, plenty of food and all free / superfree apart from the mayo which you syn.

and theres loads of other things you can do easily too, eg sainsburys be good to yourself cumberland sausages, only 1/2 syn each, do those with slimming world chips and 1/3 either salad or veg, i have 4 sausages with mine!!! and thats only 2 syns!

No reason to go hungry here mate, just do yourself a favour and keep food diarys and maybe even put them up on here so people can tell you if you are doing something wrong.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul8

I have been going to my meetings for three weeks now alone and was very very nervous about going into a very female dominated thing, but I have to be honest I should not have worried as thy have all been very friendly and supportive. I find I need to go to them to add some pressure to do well but each to their own.

As for recipies I adore chilli and rice etc and Slimming Worlds menu is spot on for these dishes so I make full use of this ! But the web is great for any SW recipes as is this forum

Best of luck and keep at it

John

Hi Paul.
Give it another go!
I started just over 1 year ago, I joined a group of over 50 woman in it and I was the only male! great bunch of people and we help each other, give it another try and always keep a diary so that others can see and advise if there is a problem, I have lost 6.5 stone and am on target now.
Pete

Back