Slimming world & kettlebell training

leshrew

Silver Member
Have been trying to loose weight on and off for a while, seem to go well to start then loose the plot. So I've decided to give full attention to both of these together and see how it goes. Anyone know much about kettlebell training(I have done some) but like to do it at home not one for classes really.

I've done a couple of classes and my mate does 3/4 a week. I would be concerned about doing it at home to start off with as its all about technique and I can imagine you could do yourself damage if not done properly

I have been doing kettlebell workouts at home for a couple months - my technique isn't too bad I think - I've watched lots of instructional videos! Would love to try a real class tho. I love them anyway, very satisfying workout especially as I am more focussed on toning and fitness rather than just seeing a lower number on the scale each week.

Re: Slimming world & kettlebell training

I have been good all week and worked kettlebells every day and put on a pound, feeling a bit down today! Must be doing something wrong somewhere!

If you've been doing kettle bells every day maybe you've done too much, you might have a bit of water retention from the exercise you've untroduced. Don't worry, keep at it some people need 2-3 weeks to see a result on the scales when they start exercise

Thanks Rochelle1 I'm not going to do too much today as I need to clean the house after the weekend. But maybe your right I hope so! I will carry on and see what happens I feel my shape has changed.

I downloaded kettleworkx so I'm going to give that a try tonight. Been doing Pilates vids for a couple of weeks but I get bored doing the same exercises so need to switch it every so often, so back to my kettlebell it is!

Think I will have a look at the download myself always good to have different workouts to do, hope you enjoy it.

technique is vital, i did it for several months. I hurt my shoulder (not from the kettlebells) and i have had to stop. It is a monster workout, you burn huge amount of calories and tighten up on chest.

I think I'm addicted to KB, really think I have a problem! I'd rather do them than go shopping lol.

Back