slimming world and contraception

donna88

Gold Member
I've had an interesting discussion today and wondered what other people on here thought, people have told me loads before that even on slimming world certain contraceptives can make you gain weight or on slimming world stop you loosing weight. I'm on the depo injection which is one that people have said they struggle loosing weight on and a lot of people say the depo injection made them put weight on.

I'm at target, a size 8 and have a BMI of 22, I'm thinking of seeing if I can loose a bit more, but not going to stress about it.

Basically what I realised today is I do have a very large appitite for someone my size, I eat the same portion sizes and snack the same as I did when I started slimming world. I've lost over 2 stone on the plan so really you'd think I'd be eating less.

There have been a number of occassions where I've either been talking to someone who hasn't believed how much I could polish off or I've been sat with people either my own size or bigger then me and they've been in shock at how much I've actually managed to eat... both on occassions when its all sw friendly and when I've been having a bit of time off plan. I never thought much of this, but when I was telling my sister today that the injection will not make you gain but could increase your appitite, so you just need to choose to eat the right things, it dawned on me that maybe it does effect me in this way.

I do wonder now if that when I decide to come off the injection I'll not be able to eat as much as I do now... it will be weird if I do loose my appitite and will take a lot of adjusting... will be interesting to find out if I have a large appitite because of the injection or if I just have a large appitite for someone my size.... won't find out for a good few years mind ;)

I've always had a big appetite Hun, I'm on overanette pill but used to be on microgynom and before that I had the implant.
i don't think any of them had effect really. But I'm also one of those people who doesn't gain/ have an increased appetite at the time of the month too which I know a lot of people struggle with. xxx

Yeah it wasn't worrying me as such, I just thought it would be interesting to see whether coming off it would decrease my appitite (I like my food so might be disappointed if it does lol) but obviously won't be coming off it just to find out how my appitite is effected, will wait until we want another little one lol... although I think I'd miss my appitite.

Back