Slimming World and quitting smoking

Anybody else giving up the ciggies whilst on Slimming World? How did you find it? Has it slowed down your weight loss at all?

I decided to give up on the same day as my first SW meeting. I think it was to do with all the extra fruit and veggies I'm eating and the fact that having a cig afterwards feels wrong after such healthy meals.

I'm also fed up of spending all that money to stink.

Anyhow just wondering about other peoples experiences as some people have told me I'm taking on too much by slimming and quitting at the same time :rolleyes:

I did - I also took a week away from the world for the first week. (Ie week off work / loads of healthy but yummy food in the fridge to cook and eat / couple of new pairs of PJs and a Wii Fit to keep me occupied). I gave money and cards to other half to keep me safe from impulse tobacco purchases. I think the cooking and yoga on the Wii fit helped me through it. 2 years and almost 3 months on I'm still smoke free. I don't remember any weight gain, but I had protected myself from extra snacks as well as tobacco when I relieved myself of available funds.

There's no reason why quitting smoking would cause weight gain, but i bet there's a million reasons given for how it has;)

Usually it is replacing one "crutch" with another. Some people say they taste food more, or it tastes better - this may be true, but fruit and veg will also taste better:p

I quit smoking first (over 10 years now) then reached target weight (over 6.5st lost) and although not teetotal, I'm virtually that way.

On the plus side, I am allowed to breath on Mondays and stay up late Fridays lol:8855:

Back