Slimming World Cookbooks...

jessabelle

needs more willpower!
Does anyone have the Four Seasons recipe book and the new Best Ever recipe book? Are they worth buying? We have most of the others but i'd like to get these ones too. Also what kind of recipes do they have? Thanks x

I only have the Food Optimising recipe book, and most of the cheap ones (100 comfort foods/green recipes etc) - the big glossy books look very pretty and all have a slightly rehashed version of How To Do SW which can be kind of handy to have around if you're bored of reading the green/red book info again and again but still want to read something...

Some of them also seem to have reprinted recipes from the cheapie books. I don't know that they're really worth the money unless you really like big pretty recipe books (which, if you do, is totally fine, I know I do!)

One of the great things about SW though is that it's fairly straightforward to adapt most recipes to SW principles, so it might be better to look for just a really nice recipe book that isn't too full of "first add a pound of lard to your pan..." type instructions.

I would like it a lot if they made an EE recipe book, though, it's probably not necessary (EE's even easier to adapt "normal"/non-SW recipes for) but it'd be nice because I sometimes run out of ideas beyond "oh and I'll add some pasta/cous cous/etc"

I have the small ones. I haven't bothered with the larger ones as the recipes seem to turn up in the magazine, I might however get the curry one as there were some really nice recipes that I would cook, (tho I already have several curry books!) OH does the cooking so if he stuck to the recipes I would be safe!

Hi Jessabelle,
I bought the 50 free foods feast at class tonight looks really good.

Its got soups, salads,curries, hotpots, stews, seafood recipes, i am off online to Asda get some ingreadients in so i can start cooking LOL

Tinax

I've got the grren, comfort and sauces, small books, I want the other 2, original and deserts, and i would think that'd do me. I have a load of WW books that are pretty SW friendly, or easy to adapt, my fav being pork and apple meatloaf.

I've got the grren, comfort and sauces, small books, I want the other 2, original and deserts, and i would think that'd do me. I have a load of WW books that are pretty SW friendly, or easy to adapt, my fav being pork and apple meatloaf.
I have a few WW books too that ive adapted recipes from. I've just bought the desserts book off ebay so im looking forward to seeing what yummy puds i can make x

I have the greatest ever recipes one... it's good, and has lots of nice recipes in, but they are all taken from previous mags, online, books etc.
It's handy to have lots in one book though. It has favourites (eg fish and chips) and foreign foods (eg curry, chinese stuff etc)
I won it in a raffle and it was a fab prize!!!

I have the greatest ever recipes one... it's good, and has lots of nice recipes in, but they are all taken from previous mags, online, books etc.
It's handy to have lots in one book though. It has favourites (eg fish and chips) and foreign foods (eg curry, chinese stuff etc)
I won it in a raffle and it was a fab prize!!!
I've found the Best ever book on whsmith.co.uk for only £10.23 so i think i may get it now x

Back