Slimming world extra easy and medications that cause weight gain

Hi

I am starting slimming world extra easy with my partner .

I had a accident five years ago causing chronic intense back and leg pain that only this last few months have finally been diagnosed and treated. I am on a large cocktail of pain medication such as gabapentin , norproxin , nortryptaline , codeine and paracetamol . I also have an underactive thyroid with medication for that too . I am ffinally getting physio and observed / guided excercise to help build back muscle wastage and core muscle whilst ensuring no further damage.

Since I was put on new meds for chronic pain ( along with non eating and lack of move,tn causing my body to go into starvation mode and sore any food I ate as fat ) I have put on another 2 stone and climbing. I am desperately unhappy because I know 6 stone is going to cause more pain but feel powerless to stop the growing weight due to the medications that cause weight gain and underactive thyroid all working against me .

I do not drink alcohol but my partner does and yet he lost 2 lb first weigh in and I put on another 1/2 lb . I got out of there immediately not staying for meeting cried all the way to the car , all way home and on the bed . I really thought I would lose weight on this plan !

My partner says I should make sure I do the food diary this week to show the leader what I have eaten so if I put on or maintain again I can see ...bit I am so disheartened and depressed . I simply feel nothing will work whilst on this cocktail of meds and that I am doomed to continue to put on weight till I am a huge blob ......but I will do the food diary , track syns and eat the free foods / sper free another week

I even went online and bought slimming tablets in desperation but I know they may not be good with my thyroid or other meds I just feel at a loss ...any support or personal experience would be welcomed

Back