Slimming World Extra Easy vs Weight Watchers No Count

moggymay

Hello I found this board this morning when I looked up Slimming World. I am thinking about joining SW on Wednesday.

I did weight watchers for a while and lost a bit but I have been stuck at my current weight for a long time now and can't get back into WW.

Just confused as I thought the whole difference between SW and WW was the food combinations, but now it seems with the extra easy plan you can eat any combination of the free foods and you dont have to stick to red or green.

For those that know both - is SW extra easy just like WW No count?

Thanks for any tips. Hope this works as I am sick of being unhappy with my weight.

No Count was taken over by Core and then Simply Filling but the concept roughly remained the same. The main difference with EE is that yes you are correct you can combine red and green at any time but you only have 1 healthy extra A and 1 healthy extra B per day. On WW Core or Simply filling some foods which would be allowed as healthy extras on SW (ie cheese and bread) you would have count the points for on WW (you are allowed 21 points per week for additional food that is not Simply Filling and this would include bread and cheese. There are also some convenience foods that are "free" on SW for example Low Fat Supernoodles, some savoury rice packs, pasta n sauces, Branston Vegetable Ravioli - these wouldn't be "free" on Simply Filling and again would need to come out of your 21 points allowance. Hope that helps a little.

Thanks. So do you prefer SW? I can see why red days might result in a good loss as its cutting out things like bread and pasta, but I can't get my head around being able to eat jacket potatoes and pasta every day and still lose. Are they doing away with red and green in favor of extra easy now?

Also - how many syns for a bottle of rose wine or white wine?

Thanks

I've done both and now I'm really enjoying Extra Easy, in some ways it's ore controlled thatn NC/core but in other ways it's more flexible. They are both good plans and if you like core then I think you'll like EE.
SW aren't getting rid of the other plans, just adding another option.
Sorry, i don't know the wine syns answer.

I always stick to green as I am a vegetarian, I am very slow weight loser due to a thyroid condition and I will never lose every week, Ive accepted that but I definintely have lost on SW (more than in the last 3 months on WW) and I really enjoy it, I prefer it to WW but I don't want to slam WW, its a diet that has worked successfully for thousands of people, it just wasn't right for me at this particular time.

I know it sounds scary having a jacket pot and pasta on the same day and still losing weight LOL!! But the plan really does work, the key is filling up on free foods.

Good luck.

The big difference between No Count and EE, from what I can gather is with NC you can only eat your free food at meal times (3 a day) and if you snack in between that you have to count it as your point allowance - even if its 'free food' I was so ticked off when I realised that lol

Your right, I forgot about that bit !!

Don't be scared eating things like jacket potatoes and pasta - I see SW as a little like the GI diet in some ways... it encourages you to eat foods that make you feel fuller for longer, so you snack less afterwards.

A bottle of wine is around 26 syns but depends on the sweetness (+/- 2 syns ish)

Hope that helps!

26 syns!!?! Oh no. How many syns do you get a day? Can I save them all for my wine at the weekend lol. I only drink once a week but when I drink we normally go out all night.

I drink dry white wine, not sweet. I love beer but that is probably a million syns.

You get 5-15 syns per day, and quite a lot of people at my group do save some syns up during the week for a night out at the weekend (if they know it's coming).

If it ends up being a bit of a surprise that you've drunk a bottle of wine, there's something called Flexible Syns - really this is when you have way too much one day, but as soon as you are able to, you should return to the plan. My weigh-in is on Tuesday evenings and sometimes, if one of us messes it up and has a lot of syns on a Thursday for example, it's easy to say that the whole week is wasted and you might as well just eat rubbish until next Tuesday! Flexible syns encourages you to sort yourself out and get back to 'normal' asap, and just accept these things happen to everyone, not just people on diets!

I used to do WW too and lost 2 1/2 stone on it but when they introduced the PP Plan I just couldn't get on with it. I'm so happy since starting SW EE :D I'm NEVER hungry :)

paperclip said:
If it ends up being a bit of a surprise that you've drunk a bottle of wine, there's something called Flexible Syns - really this is when you have way too much one day, but as soon as you are able to, you should return to the plan. My weigh-in is on Tuesday evenings and sometimes, if one of us messes it up and has a lot of syns on a Thursday for example, it's easy to say that the whole week is wasted and you might as well just eat rubbish until next Tuesday! Flexible syns encourages you to sort yourself out and get back to 'normal' asap, and just accept these things happen to everyone, not just people on diets!

Although it is the same concept, "flexi syns" should always be planned in advance. You should be on plan until your flexi meal/night/ whatever then get straight back on plan. This is there to stop the guilt with nights out and let's you have a "normal" life without cutting down before and compensating afterwards.
As I said it is the same concept but you shouldn't binge then say, "oh well I'll call it flexi syns", that's not the purpose of them.
That said the advice is good about if you do go off plan, the best thing to do is draw a line and move on.

Back