slimming world free noodles

emmy2886

I just cant get to grips with slimming world, i think im doing well then i find out im doing it wrong, How!! Noodles. IM thinking theyre free so im using the Tesco value ones to take to work with me and i discover they are not free, not even low syn they are 5 and a half. I live to a budget i have a tight shopping budget and fruit i could happily eat all day everyday but.. Expensive to get a variety and all these pasta and noodles im finding batchelors fat free ones are free but twice the price. How do you all afford it ir am i just looking at the wrong thing! I thought about following the weeks diet plan in one of the magazines and it came to over 90£ for one weeks food shop! Please help I just feel like giving up.

It doesn't have to be expensive. I by asda own pasta & you can make so many different dishes with pasta! I also get asda's dried egg noodles, you can flavour them yourself. Also batchelors pasta & sauce I love & it's usually on offer in asda for 50p! Can you tell I love asda lol. They also do budget chicken breasts which I buy & are just as good as other chicken breasts. They also do 3 for £10 on meats/fish. This week I got a 750g mince beef, pack of 6 pork chops & 2 salmon fillets all for £10. Slimming world can 100% be done on a budget! I do agree that fruit is expensive tho, no solution for that though I'm afriad xx

You say that the weeks food came to over £90 but I think most of the menus serve 4 so if at all possible, you could freeze meals which then obviously means you have a meal for another time. That could quite possibly mean some weeks you could live 'out of the freezer' and not have to pay out for much food that week.
Also, there used to be a student plan on the website....nothing wrong with the food....just that it was a bit more focused on the price as usually students have a tight budget.
Hope that helps

Also, take a look in Aldi for their super 6
This week, all at 69p;

Tomatoes - 6 pack
Kiwi - 6 pack
New potatoes - 750g
Romaine lettuce - 2 pack
Galia melon
Peaches - 4/5 pack

Their bacon, pork loin steaks and chicken are excellent value, I generally buy chicken thighs and remove the bone and skin, cheap, more flavour and quick to cook

I started shopping at Aldi about 4 years ago and my weekly bill came down from £90 at Asda to just £60... and that's with a few "luxuries". I rarely step into Asda, Tescos or Sainsburys now.....

Hey, I used to do SW when I was a student and basically surviving on the littlest amount of money each week. Yes it was hard but I was determined to not give up and lose the weight. I sat down 1 night and browsed through all of the main supermarket websites calculating up the difference in each one, whatever one was cheaper... I shopped there.

I did start off getting my fruit and veg from the supermarkets but noticed how much it was costing, so now I go to my local fruit shop and can get double the amount for a lot less money!
Freezing batches of meals helped too, I used to make up loads of different meals and stick em in the freezer to use later in the week.

There are plenty of cheap brands that are free on this plan, it's all about looking around and discovering them. It can be done! good luck :)

I do it on a shoe string. . It is possible

Choose fruit carefully. . Things that last - citrus, some tinned. Offers and yellow sticker items (I had mango and pineapple reduced at 7pm this week)

Basic staples get the value/basics
Pasta 39p per 500g
Passsta 31p

Frozen onions/peppers can be handy also

Pick up yellow sticker reduced wholemeal rolls and freeze for hex b. Huge bag of oats very cheap also

I then get tinned beans(chickpeas/black eyed), large yoghurt, quorn mince or sausage (or the supermarket alternative)

Check the offers online for the pasta n sauce /rice packets and stock up when cheap. These stretch to feed 2-3 so very good value at 50p

Hope something helps. It can be challenging but not impossible :)

Xxxx

If you like noodles the aldi ones are only about 2 syns per packet & I think about 19p or thereabouts. SW doesn't have to be expensive, you can eat rice, pasta, potatoes, all relatively cheap, then add your superfree, I buy frozen fruit from Sainsburys (that's where it's cheapest), and bulk out my meals with onions, carrots, peas, whatever I can.

I've also got an Asian food store near where I live, I bought 4 tins chickpeas £1 & 3 tins butter beans for £1 bargain I'd say, I've just found butter bean burgers are very yummy, recipe on recipes uk site, also things like couscous go a long way. It does take a lot of thinking & planning but it can be done.

i totally agree i spend a fortune on food!
but i am going a shop today when i finish work and i determined to spend the money on stuff to last 1 week!

the thing i do grudge spending money on is any berrie fruits, they are soo expensive i just cant justify it sometimes but hey ho!

im writing my shopping list out just now and it will last me the whole week:)

I agree with the other posters about picking up items on offer, such as the 50p pasta n sauce. Fruit can be expensive but Sainsbury do their value fruit for £1 and you can get punnets of strawberries and blueberries for £1 each and the packs are about the same size as normal punnets, just the fruit is a little smaller so doesn't look as nice. However, I buy these all the time and they still taste fantastic, especially with a yogurt in the morning.

I'm moving away from buying branded items, such as Muller Light, as they're still too expensive for me even when they're on offer. 5 or 6 yogurts for £3 just feels like a complete rip-off so I buy the supermarket (Asda) equivalent, which are about £1.25 for 4 and the same size as a Muller Light. Branded noodles are expensive and I find that the light (free) super noodles are quite dry and horrible so I use egg noodles, which can be picked up cheap in large packs, and add flavouring to them. Cooking them in bovril (or equivalent) and adding some seasoning, a few mushrooms, peas and some chilli flakes is a cheap way to have a nice free lunch. It's more soupy and has more liquid in it too rather than stodgy like the super noodles go when you cook them so I don't feel bloated after eating it.

i totally agree i spend a fortune on food!
but i am going a shop today when i finish work and i determined to spend the money on stuff to last 1 week!

the thing i do grudge spending money on is any berrie fruits, they are soo expensive i just cant justify it sometimes but hey ho!

im writing my shopping list out just now and it will last me the whole week:)

I buy Sainsbury's own frozen berries, I think they are £1.38 or thereabouts, I just take enough out of the freezer the night before, worth giving it a go I'd say.

I agree with the other posters about picking up items on offer, such as the 50p pasta n sauce. Fruit can be expensive but Sainsbury do their value fruit for £1 and you can get punnets of strawberries and blueberries for £1 each and the packs are about the same size as normal punnets, just the fruit is a little smaller so doesn't look as nice. However, I buy these all the time and they still taste fantastic, especially with a yogurt in the morning.

I'm moving away from buying branded items, such as Muller Light, as they're still too expensive for me even when they're on offer. 5 or 6 yogurts for £3 just feels like a complete rip-off so I buy the supermarket (Asda) equivalent, which are about £1.25 for 4 and the same size as a Muller Light. Branded noodles are expensive and I find that the light (free) super noodles are quite dry and horrible so I use egg noodles, which can be picked up cheap in large packs, and add flavouring to them. Cooking them in bovril (or equivalent) and adding some seasoning, a few mushrooms, peas and some chilli flakes is a cheap way to have a nice free lunch. It's more soupy and has more liquid in it too rather than stodgy like the super noodles go when you cook them so I don't feel bloated after eating it.

I buy Asda's own 500grm yogurt the new ones they are £1 each, some are syn free some are about 4 syns, if I'm going out I decant some into a little tub I also bought at Asda, I think it was 29p for two tubs, win, win.

Back