Extra Easy Slimming World golfers

MisterQ

Hi All,

As a regular golfer, I have had to make some sacrifices due to Slimming World, but have found some great alternatives. I thought it may be an idea to record some of them here.

Instead of fizzy drinks like Lucozade and Powerade, I am using something called Zero X Treme. They are tablets that are dissolved in water (a bit like Alka Seltzer) that have no calories or sugar, but are packed with electrolytes and caffeine for that kick half-way round the course.

I used to like nuts and raisins or peanut butter and jam sandwiches when playing, but they're packed with fat, so have knocked them on the head. Yes, bananas are fine, but am sick to death of them, so if anyone has some suggestions for energy boosting food on the golf course, I'd be delighted to hear them!

How about a few highfi/alpen bars, or a little box of grapes? You could have raisins and nuts as your hexb then have to pre-prepared fruit too, or lowsyn sausage sandwich (with your hexb bread). Crisps like velvet crunch are pretty lowsyn, or quavers. There's loadsa possibilities just got think creative.

Thanks for your reply Leighthesim.

Ah, the creative part is where I fall down! Don't want to take pots of things along with me, more interested in opening a bag of something (bit like the nuts/raisins) on the course. Problem with the nuts is a healthy extra portion size is tiny! Need a bit more to keep me going on the course. Same problem with the hifi bars - nothing to them, plus there's no real energy boost after eating one.

I guess, in short, I'm looking for convenience, but something that will provide sustainable energy / energy kick when needed on the course...

Back