slimming world help with constipation???

spinme307

Just wondered if slimming world has helped anyone that suffers from constipation & piles????

Hubby suffers quite a lot with both and I think it is mainly from eating too much insoluble fibre....bread! He has bread with almost every meal and I thin if I put him slimming world plan it will really help him.

He doesn't need to lose any weight but i know it will help restrict his bread consumption.

Would appreciate your thoughts

I eat so much fruit and veg on slimming world as well as the high fibre stuff like hi fi bars while meal bread I go to the toilet Atleast once a day

I found going on slimming world actually made me constipated at times... It seems to have settled out a bit now. I am more regular, almost always once a day now, sometimes if I am lucky i get a cheeky two on weigh in day (i did last week).

For me since having children i get constipated easily even on sw but despite that while i have been on sw i havent had as bad bouts of constipation as before. Right now i am regular one a day because i eat atleast 2 scan bran a day washed down with atleast half a litre of water. I also dont have any bread at all and have wholemeal pasta and rice so that probably helps too x

Im really bad at the moment, have to use senacott because its been days. I have drank loads of water, im eating loads of grapes which suppose to help and oranges too and nothing happens. So hopefully it will get sorted out soon. I will have to force feed scan bran for natueal help as I dont want to depend on tablets long term. Is it bareable to eat dry do I have to give up my wheetabix hex b for it?

I found going on slimming world actually made me constipated at times... It seems to have settled out a bit now. I am more regular, almost always once a day now, sometimes if I am lucky i get a cheeky two on weigh in day (i did last week).

I love your expression here Gazter ha ha - I weigh in on a Tuesday , if I'm lucky I call it Poosday lol

Seriously though - I have problems like that sometimes and I eat TONS of fruit and veg and drink loads of water. Holland Barrett do a tea called slimmatea which someone on here actually recommneded - not sure of its weight loss properties but it certainly gives me a good clear out x

I have suffered really badly with IBS in the past and had really irregular "movements". SW has definitely helped and when I'm on-plan, I have 1-2 a day and don't suffer with cramps any more unless I've waited too long :-/ also, making a conscious effort to drink 2-3 litres of water a day has helped no end. However, my doctor has always said that everyone is their own "regular" so this post is only as helpful as far as that statement is true!

Neveragain said:
Im really bad at the moment, have to use senacott because its been days. I have drank loads of water, im eating loads of grapes which suppose to help and oranges too and nothing happens. So hopefully it will get sorted out soon. I will have to force feed scan bran for natueal help as I dont want to depend on tablets long term. Is it bareable to eat dry do I have to give up my wheetabix hex b for it?

1 weetabix and 2 scan bran are a hexb x

What about eating them with a Muller Light and some juicier fruit like pineapple or melon? It would help moisten the whole experience up!

Thanks for your comments, with dh I do think that it is the bread causing the problem not lack of fibre. He can eat up to 10 of wholemeal bread a day as well as a teacake and I know that brown bread has a lot of insoluble fibre which for IBS sufferers can be a bad thing. His mom has IBS and our dd has a gluten/wheat allergy so perhaps it is bread that is causing the problem.
Poor dh is feeling really quite poorly with it atm :(

Thanks for your comments, with dh I do think that it is the bread causing the problem not lack of fibre. He can eat up to 10 of wholemeal bread a day as well as a teacake and I know that brown bread has a lot of insoluble fibre which for IBS sufferers can be a bad thing. His mom has IBS and our dd has a gluten/wheat allergy so perhaps it is bread that is causing the problem.
Poor dh is feeling really quite poorly with it atm :(

I was recommended Lactulose solution, it's available over the counter at any chemist or big supermarket.

Its a non stimulant type laxative, not absorbed by the body but draws fluid into the colon to soften and ease, its very gentle, and can be taken over long periods.

Too much fibre can actually make constipation and passage worse sometimes.

I find its really good and gentle, but don't over do it, it can make things somewhat "liquid"! LOL

I don't go as much now I am on SW, not because it's constipation but just because I am eating more real food and as such my body absorbs it properly and there is less errr.... waste!

Bread is ok as long as it's wholemeal and fortified with bran etc. Also you could suggest he has fruit and veg without peeling them. I have just had unpeeled baked sweet potato with baked beans, it was very satisfying and loaded with fibre!

Yes, lots of fluid and you have to go easy with fibre if you're not used to it as it could have a negative impact. Then build up gradually.

well he has cut out the bread and increased fruit & veg , fluids and is feeling much better. Hoping that this does the trick for him as he has suffered with it for years.

thanks for all your help

As mentioned on another thread maybe its an old wives tale but too many eggs can also bung u up .... having said that I have IBS and always suffer the opposite to constipation

Well I spoke too soon - i've eaten eggs most days this week in some shape or form mostly boiled on my salads. Now im finding it hard to go (if you get the drift) bloody hens pumps have a lot to answer for

Texty_F said:
Well I spoke too soon - i've eaten eggs most days this week in some shape or form mostly boiled on my salads. Now im finding it hard to go (if you get the drift) bloody hens pumps have a lot to answer for

Scan bran those eggs out with a bucket of water or invest in some slimmatea! ;-)

Back