Slimming World Help?

StayGoldxOx

Hi guys,

I know theres many posts about this..

I'm considering doing WW as I know alot about it.
I can't go to SW or WW meetings as I work the oddest hours a work which rotate weekly so I may only be able to attend once a month if even.

What exactly is Slimming World?
Like how does it work...what are syns and what are healthy a's and b's and what are all these plans about!?

Maybe WW is easier as I know all about it??

Sorry if this is a stupid question lol

The best diet is the one that suits you best and fits in the best with your lifestyle.

From a purely personal point of view and having done both and enjoyed both, SW is the one for me. There is far more freedom and never any need to feel hungry or to miss out on anything within reason.

Why do you find SW hard to understand. I have never attended a class like so many folks on here, but I do have several books. My original books are really old but the basics are still the same.

You choose whether you are doing a green or red day or the new plan which is Extra Easy, I must admit I have never done that as I am very, very happy with red and green days. You do need the books to guide you through initially and I believe you can find them on sale on Ebay at times.

The basic rules are so simple. You have lists of fre foods, you can eat as many of these as you want and they depend on which day you are doing. You then chose one item from a list of Healthy Extras list A commonly referred to as HEXA and two items from Healthy Extras B, HEXB. These 2 lists are the same whichever plan you are doing.

I hope I haven't made it seem more complicated than it is because once you get into it it is the easiest plan going.

Whichever one you decide to do I wish you luck.

The best diet is the one that suits you best and fits in the best with your lifestyle.

From a purely personal point of view and having done both and enjoyed both, SW is the one for me. There is far more freedom and never any need to feel hungry or to miss out on anything within reason.

Why do you find SW hard to understand. I have never attended a class like so many folks on here, but I do have several books. My original books are really old but the basics are still the same.

You choose whether you are doing a green or red day or the new plan which is Extra Easy, I must admit I have never done that as I am very, very happy with red and green days. You do need the books to guide you through initially and I believe you can find them on sale on Ebay at times.

The basic rules are so simple. You have lists of fre foods, you can eat as many of these as you want and they depend on which day you are doing. You then chose one item from a list of Healthy Extras list A commonly referred to as HEXA and two items from Healthy Extras B, HEXB. These 2 lists are the same whichever plan you are doing.

I hope I haven't made it seem more complicated than it is because once you get into it it is the easiest plan going.

Whichever one you decide to do I wish you luck.

Thanks for the reply!

It's not so much that I don't get it, it's more that I'd be afraid I'd do something wrong if I don't have every piece of info about it laid out in the simplest terms :p
I'm one of those people who has to be 100% organized. I'd make a big chart for rules on WW dieting if I could! Just so I could see it mapped out perfectly...
I guess I'll stick to WW for a month and see how I do. Maybe I'll be coming over to your side of the tracks :D

You should go to a class and explain to the consultant that you do shifts. They have a shift workers policy which they'll be able to explain. If the shift policy doesnt suit just go for the books & getting the plan explained to you. Its definitely worth going to class even once as the explanation is invaluable. :)

I agree with hannata - go for one week and get the books and the explanation, then don't go again!

There's loads of people on here (including Consultants) who will jump over themselves to help if you have a question - you won't be the only one who's asked it in the past!

Hi all, new to this. i enjoy doing the sw red/green days! but i havent got a book anymore, can anyone give me a quick list of free foods please on green days! i no pasta rice etc but more specifics as i struggle for teas. Also how many sins are mug shots? any are there any low syn snacks people have?

Back