Slimming world HELP!!!

lana1990

Hi,

Im just started slimming world from home as I cant get to any of the classes but Im a bit confused. On extra easy I can eat as much carbs as I like????? Will this really work surely I cant loose weight by filling up on carbs. Should I be weighing out my carbs to the serving portion that is suggested on the back of the packets?

Any help would be great

On Extra Easy you don't have to weigh/measure your carbs, BUT 1/3 of your plate at mealtimes must be Superfree foods. If you follow that correctly, then you're not going to load up on carbs. If you go back for second helpings, you still have to stick to the 1/3 rule. You can't just have a plate of e.g. pasta on its own.

Carbs are our main source of energy the above two replies are absolutely spot on. Good luck, hope you enjoy SW

You really can fill up on carbs, it really is an incredible diet to follow. I follow online too as I can't make groups. I have lost nearly 3st following the plan. Take today for example I just had a large plate of slimming world chips with a sandwich (warburtons thins - 5syns) with bacon, onion, fried egg (fried in frylight) and cheese from my allowance. With a banana and yogurt to follow. For tea I am having a chicken noodle stirfry with loads of mixed veg. Carbs really are your friend with the extra easy plan. If you have any question don't hesitate to ask. :)

Yep, as everyone has said 1/3 plate MUST be superfree, so basically you get full on this too- meaning you probably will reduce the amount of carbs you are eating. Also filling up on carbs such as potato, pasta generally would make your fuller quicker for less calories than say eating rubbishy food like sweets and crisps.

Yep, as everyone has said 1/3 plate MUST be superfree, so basically you get full on this too- meaning you probably will reduce the amount of carbs you are eating. Also filling up on carbs such as potato, pasta generally would make your fuller quicker for less calories than say eating rubbishy food like sweets and crisps.

The third superfree is not a must, it is a recommendation. Have it as much as you can but it is not a rule. The more of it you eat, the better for your losses, but it's not a must.

The third superfree is not a must, it is a recommendation. Have it as much as you can but it is not a rule. The more of it you eat, the better for your losses, but it's not a must.

Isn't it? I thought on Extra Easy it was? In the book it says to fill one third of your plate with SF. I always thought that was how EE worked, that by eating your third SF you weren't having a full plate of free foods /syns.

Wow im amazed at how much I can eat. Usually a diet mean living like a rabbit and starving. Im loving slimming world already. Thanks for all the replies hopefully my weigh in will show good results

Wow im amazed at how much I can eat. Usually a diet mean living like a rabbit and starving. Im loving slimming world already. Thanks for all the replies hopefully my weigh in will show good results

I'm sure it will, pop back and let us know how you get on x

Isn't it? I thought on Extra Easy it was? In the book it says to fill one third of your plate with SF. I always thought that was how EE worked, that by eating your third SF you weren't having a full plate of free foods /syns.

Yeah my consultant tells us all we have to have 1/3 superfree on EE as well?

It's not a MUST, it's a recommendation and advisable.
I recommend as much as you can but don't fret if one or two of your meals don't have it.

If 1/3 isnt a must it is stronglyyyyy reccomended. Imo it is essential to the sucess of the plan for definite.

From the SW website FAQs

Q: Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan?

A: No, we'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food to keep Extra Easy extra low energy density (low calorie), extra satisfying and extra healthy to optimise weight loss

Also see page 52 of the food optimising book :)

I think the general idea is that forcing 1/3 super free may make some people feel like they HAVE to eat things they don't like. This is the quickest way to get people to abandon slimming world. It is strongly encouraged and accepted that if you DO achieve the 1/3 per meal, maybe by changing your habits and building up to it in some cases you will get optimum results from the plan.

If you manage it when you can and with food that suits you you are more likely to feel freer and happier with your plan and even if the losses are marginally slower they will be more sustained than if you force yourself into it and then rebel. Much like not wanting to eat your broccoli as a kid!

I don't really like a lot of vegetables but make sure I stick to the 1/3 rule, I think I am going to erase its not a MUST from my memory, its the thing that has made the biggest difference to my heat habits.

I actually tend to work to 50:50 ratio and eat the veg first. Ever since a kid I have eaten my food in reverse order of preference. I don't mix and match. People have looked at me weird before haha.

Back