Slimming World Journey, need help and advice please!

Suki16

Hi all. I have just joined this forum, not really sure how it works but thought id give it a go! I began my Slimming world journey on the 5th of September, and although I had a 1 week break from plan, I have been following it and really thought I was doing well, Tonight I attended weigh in, to find I have put on a pound! - I feel disheartended and I am worried that this will make me fall off plan completely. I have exercised this week most days, going on long walks and have really started to enjoy the plan.I have cut out a lot of milk, exchange for almond milk, been drinking peppermint tea instead of usual milky teas and have been snacking on fruit/salad/protein and plenty of vegetables.

I'm not sure where I have gone wrong. I have considered it may be time of the month almost, but it isn't. Does anybody have any suggestions or is this quite a comman occurance to happen some weeks on sw? I have lost 13lbs in total and really thought tonight I would get my stone award!! I feel better within myself, but I am shocked at how I have put weight on when I have stuck to plan and exercised more than ever. :(

It is possible that these things just happen and you have a big loss next week, I know some people find their losses slow down a lot when they first start to exercise. However, if you're willing to post a food diary maybe we can have a look just to check you're totally on track? Some common places to fall down are estimating instead of weighing accurately and not enough speed x

Hi Suki,

I've been doing SW on and off for years, and totally feel your pain. Sometimes the scales just don't reflect the effort you've put in, and that can work both ways!

I agree with what Entropy says, and in reality weight doesn't come off as it's told to, and often it works out more accurate over a couple of weeks. So my advice is stick with it, keep a food dairy, and if you're doing it right you will see results. Plus, the more speed the better! Go for 1/2 a plate at a time if you're determined, it doesn't half work!

Exercise is so good for you in the long run, and although some do say that muscle build up can slow down what you might see on the scales, in the long run it will speed it up and eventually help you keep it down.

Back