Slimming World Mag

missemma

Take Thatter
Just a quick question, I bought the Slimming World magazine yesterday for the first time (I know) and although its fab for the amount of recipes in there I thought it focused a lot on extra easy. Is that how it always is or does it usually have more green/original recipes?

I could work out the way to have some of them as original or green but I was a little disappointed that there weren't many original recipes in it (what I'm currently following).

But there is a whole weeks worth of red/green days and recipes too to follow? I thought it was quite good. There was the same last issue aswell. I agree the mag itself does focus a lot on extra easy, I do a lot of green days and it would be nice to see a green feature in it lol

The post above is true, they tend to promote Extra Easy to new members before the other 2 because its less confusing and the green/original does tend to confuse people and scare them off. I was hesitant to join slimming world because I thought red/green would be too hard to follow but then I joined and realised extra easy was easy to follow. Then I experimented with green. So no wonder the mag focuses on extra easy it does help bring new people in as they might have been like me and thought red/green were the only options

Where is the page with the red/green week to follow as I can't see it (I'm not usually this stupid).

I've always thought extra easy was complicated but I just haven't read that much into it. I've always followed original/green so I know it inside our mostly xx

page 38/39 of the nov/dec issue ( dark cover gold writing and one of your members in a purple dress on the cover)

I've got the October issue not the November one :)
My one has a blue background and a girl in a red dress on it.

The November issue is not out in the shops until 25/10. They alternate between EE and red/green menu plans so the october one was EE and the new one is red/green

Although the focus is on EE it is incredibly easy to adapt most EE recipes to be good for green so do not let that put you off :)

Ooh fab ill make sure to get the new one :) & I did look at the recipes for EE and already adapted some of them.

I really do like the magazine god knows why I haven't bought it before, I've been doing SW since 2010!

Some months there are more original and green recipes, but on the whole it's mainly extra easy. If you look near the back though it does gives a whole index of the recipes in that edition and their syns on red/green/EE, which is handy.

Although red and green still exist, they aren't really promoted to new members now, so I think that's why they aren't in the magazine much.

Yes I think this is a pity though because not everyone can get on with the 1/3rd superfree for every meal. I think the red and green should still be touched on. I knew about them because I did S W years ago. And they are easy to get your head round. The beauty of S W (well one of them) is the fact that there are 3 plans to choose from every day depending how you feel.

I also find that the magazine is too focused on Extra Easy these days. I do understand why that plan is promoted to new members but I don't find I lose as well on it as I do on red so I hope Slimming World never stops doing the red and green plans altogether. :(

I agree - I can't do the 1/3 superfree so I find green/red day work best. I understand promoting EE but lots of people still do red/green so it would be fair to add a few recipes for all plans.

Glad it's not just me, I do like to have a bit of a moan about things so I thought everyone would just see my rant and not reply haha.

I looked in the back of the magazine and it's a shame because all the recipes they featured bar a few sauce recipes and the ice cream were really high in syns on red day. I started doing red days as my Doctor told me I need to eat more red meat as my iron levels are quite low so to try and stay a bit healthier I've nearly done a whole week of red and I was looking forwards to getting a few new recipes, don't get me wrong this forum is amazing for ideas and recipes but I did buy the magazine to find more ideas.

Although saying that I'm deffo going to be making the toffee apple ice cream, sounds lovely.

Back