Slimming World Newbie

2shoes

Hi there everyone.

I will me going to a slimming club meeting later today. Will be the first time I have ever joined a diet group. Always done it alone in the past and had success through doing 10,000 steps a day, pole dancing every now and then and power plate and just been more conscious about what I ate. It worked really well for me and I was a bridesmaid so I had a great incentive to lose the weight, even had a 2 week holiday in America and only put on 2lbs so was very proud of myself and I wasn't exactly strict with myself whilst I was away. Since about Jan 2012 to now, the weight has slowly crept up, I can still fit in my clothes but would say I have put on about 2 stone from when I was at my lowest, I certainly don't look as 'fat' as I did before the weight loss, which is probably why I didn't really notice it creeping back on. I wish I knew what was to blame as my eating didn't really change, but I had stopped using the power plate and the pole, but logically that cant be the only reason. So I am at a loss as to what it was.

Since Jan 1st I have been doing couch to 5k on a treadmill and pushing myself to try and get in extra runs when I can, so not really sticking to it's rules, but don't feel ready to move to week 2, so just pushing myself my own way. And will be doing my 10,000 steps 6x a week. Fingers crossed I can achieve this, I done it before but that was achieved easily as my walk to work and back took me to 7,000 steps. I don't have this job any more so to achieve 10,000 steps requires A LOT of motivation and effort. which is never fun.

So hoping slimming world will be an extra boost to the exercise. May need a little bit of help to get started. So hope you don't mind if I keep putting my hand up with a question :)

Looking forward to much needed support and advice and getting to know everyone.

Speak soon I hope.

Welcome to Slimming World! The plan is amazing and you will get so much help and support on here. Good luck with everything and ask as many questions as you need to! x

well done to keeping on.the go to loosing your weight.and not giving in.i have just joind minimins.this time i am starting to loose weight .slowley but its going.so like you will do it.keep it up.

Good luck :) stick to the plan 100% and you will definitely lose weight. I'm recovering from ME so can't really exercise much and I'm still losing weight. So don't stress too much if you can't do then10k steps every day!! :)

Aw thanks everyone. It is going to help having people to talk to. I survived signing up yesterday and wasnt too painful. Took forever though. I guess the idea i am struggling most with is that fact you can eat pasta, rice and potatoes and lose weight after having it drilled into you that its bad to have carbs.

Thanks hun :)

Got my first shiny sticker today, very pleased :)

Lost 8pounds altogether. Getting there slowly but surely.

Welcome to SW and this website!
I find that exercise makes me loose inches, where following the extra easy plan looses weight!
Good luck.
Pete

Back