Slimming world on my own

hiya
I'm back on the waggon for the umpteenth time lol
Not going to meetings (done it and I know it works but I just can't get one to fit in with work: kids etc
So looking for support here
Got about 1.5stones to loose x

I'm doing it from home too. Been following it a little for a couple of weeks (hit and miss) but vowed to do it properly from here on!! 14lbs to lose! Good luck

Same - about 10 lb to lose. Have some very good days and days where I wander a little off plan but make the best of it rather than let go of the reins completly

I'm the same ladies a stone to lose but by good it's the hardest. A Costas and cake here and there is lethal. Any suggestions or help I can take from all of you will be fantastic. Good luck to all of us X

How's it all going everyone? I've managed to lose a bit by trying to follow Extra Easy SP but can't seem to do more than 3 days in a row without falling off the plot - life just gets in the way - people round for a meal, meeting someone for a drink or something but am trying not to have major "pig outs" when I lapse and try and pick up the theme the following day. I find it hard not to fill up on fruit because even that can get out of control.

Have you been doing a food diary?

I find being able to see what I have been having helps.

I'm also not doing many SP days as I just feel too hungry so if I am not hungry I am more content.

I also find having one day a week to have "my" day helps me stay on it.

My days a Friday after weigh in. I like to have a bottle if wine or go out. I try to stick to the food but if I don't on a Friday its no biggie. This probably wouldn't work for everyone but is for me at the moment and helps me stick to it knowing I have it to look forward to.

You have to work yourself around it and make it work. It is hard, especially when out with friends or friends round. I am going the cinema tonight and told my friend im bringing a bottle of water and a cereal bar in my bag. In all honesty...i'd rather a big bloody latte and massive tray of nachos but because its not Friday....it has to wait.

You will get there :)

How's it all going everyone? I've managed to lose a bit by trying to follow Extra Easy SP but can't seem to do more than 3 days in a row without falling off the plot - life just gets in the way - people round for a meal, meeting someone for a drink or something but am trying not to have major "pig outs" when I lapse and try and pick up the theme the following day. I find it hard not to fill up on fruit because even that can get out of control.
That's exactly my downfall ! Great for three days then wham my partner or friends pop in with cakes etc and then because I've been bad that day I just think stuff it ... I'll start again tomorrow ! It's a bad pattern to get into. I need focus. Think it's because I only have a stone to lose and I'm finding it so hard

OK, a little update - I don't do the scales - but my jeans are now much more comfortable. However, there are still loads of clothes I just can't shoehorn myself into yet. Thanks for the tip about the food diary. I realise that for the last three years or so (since re-marrying) what should have been occasional treats have crept up and up and I guess I just couldn't get away with it forever. We used to occasionally share a dessert, this crept up to one each every time - with ice cream! The odd glass of wine became a bottle between two. Packets of sweets in the car became a constant rather than a treat for a long journey (cannot give up sweets for long no matter how hard I try). I have been increasingly snacking on dried fruit, brazil nuts, walnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds by the handful, more interesting yoghurts rather than plain fat free spruced up with fresh fruit. I could go on and on. Anyway have cut it all right back and it's not too bad, and when I have a lapse I try not to go mad for the rest of that day. Just made the mistake of going shopping when I was starving hungry - but by some miracle managed to limit myself to additional healthy ingredients for the veggi chilli I am making today, so it's a right old mix of onion, tomatoes, courgettes, sweet potato, swede, lentils and about five types of beans!

Unfortunately I hurt my back 10 days ago so dancing and exercise went out the window at the worst possible time.

How are the rest of you getting on as we approach the dangerous ground of the weekend? It would be good to hear your updates.

Back