• Slimming World Online

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • slimming World Group

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sonban

Addicted to Minimins
I have been going to group now for over a year and am thinking of changing to doing it at home from online.

What do you ladies prefer???

Last edited:
For me, it has to be group! I am a bit competivive and love the win SOW. I joined with my best friend so there is some healthy competition there too. Can you persuade anyone to come with you?

I love all the hints and tips from group as well. My leader also hold monthly tasting evenings and has a 50p raffle each week where you win a basket of free food.

If you are not happy with your group, you could try looking for another in your local area. That's what I did and I much prefer my new group.

Well I do it online. Personally I don't feel I need anyone to encourage me to lose it. If I want to lose I will lose. I don't want to feel like a scorned child for not achieving my target. I just pick up and move on. In addition, they send you messages of encouragement. And it seems to me that I feel like there is more choice, there are things I didn't even know I could eat, or were options to eat. I love it. And because If I have chosen a day, if I need to adjust I can. And if you did well on a certain week, I go back and look at what I did. instead of writing it all down and losing the paper. Furthermore, it seems easier to count everything up. But that is just me. I have great scales, so I know my siutation. Plus personally I had a bit of an issue with my parents and scales as a child so I hate to be weight by anyone else or in front of people.

Good luck with your choice.

I'm doing it at home at the moment, due to cost but would prefer going to group. We had taster sessions at our group, which were fab for getting new ideas.

Well Ive proved that I cant do it alone - although I know onlines not alone per say...... however, I need to know Im getting weighed infront of someone else who might kinda tell me off (unlike you on that score FFBB!) Whats making you consider changing Son? xxx

I loved doing it online, there was a constant reference for syns, recipes, it was like having a SW magazine every day. And they had graphs and things to track your progress, and a food diary that calculated your syns for you. I miss it.

Whats making you consider changing Son? xxx

Its just that I feel like I am doing SW for everyone else and not for me at the moment. My mum is a consultant and She is mates with my consultant too. So when I have a bad week I feel like I am letting an army of people down. I just dont feel like I am doing it for me anymore. I use to sit down with my mum and talk about SW and she would say do whats best for you. Now I know she loves me and wants the best for me but now I cant talk to her about SW any more on a personal level as she has turned consultant mode. She just keep saying as my consultant does too that I have lost weight on SW before so I know what to do so just do that. I know what she is saying and to an extent I agree but I have been trying that since xmas and it is obviously not working for me as I have put back on 2 and a half stone since then. This is why I was considering doing it online instead and get the support I need from here.

I was thinking if I do it from online instead then if I do have a bad week then its only me who I am letting down if that makes sence.

Sorry if this does not make sence I am just trying to get it all streight in my head...:confused:

No it makes perfect sense. The only person who you can lose weight for is yourself. Not your parents...and I am testimony to that. Everyone has different needs when it comes to diets. You know you will always get support on here. Which is like a class of it's own. Have you thought about maybe moving to another class? Where you don't know anyone or have any connections first? I think that or doing it online may be your main options, because I think that even if you talk to your mum about it.She will still be monitoring the situation. She's a parents and can't help it. You do what you think is best for you. There are several class around where I live and I know loads of woman on it. But it is just not my thing. But then again some people really need others to tell them off so they feel some kind of punishment and will get into gear. It is just all dependant on what YOU need. NO one else. GOod luck and I hope you are able to get things straight in your head first so you can be on the road to losing again very soon.

Glad I found this thread...

it's a decision I've been mulling over myself atm. Can anyone tell me if online you get the certificates you get at a group, and can you order the books and bars online too? I must admit I like the fact you can get the magazine subscription when you join online, and I'm quite good at not worrying about being alone with an online group, but feel I'm missing out on the certificates and slinky stuff online *lol* Daft I know, but I think they're great motivators!

You get an online sticker, no certificates and you aren't able to buy the bars, but there is a book shop. Online is a bit poor compared to what you seem to be able to get in group considering it's the same cost. However I can't get to group so online has been useful for me. :)

Back