Slimming World Online?

Sydney_Cat

Want to do Slimming World as I know it works. However, with the long hours I work and having a young family I will struggle to get to a group and feel guilty for being there away from my family if I do. Has anyone succeeded doing the online plan? I know going to group is the very best option but if it just isn't a option can it still work without the group support?

Thanks Anne

Hi
I don't go to class-I just do the plan on my own (with the help of everyone on here of course)
I do however have all the books from joining a few years ago and find these really useful to reference-not sure I'd be able to do it without these!
Hth and good luck in starting on your journey x

Hi Anne,

I have mostly done this through body optimise online. More recently I have started going to class as well (partly because everyone here on this site feels that it is so useful) because I thought that when things get tough (which they inevitably will do) I would benefit from the support of a group but I haven't really needed it yet. I would definitely not wish to give up body optimise now (I would rather give up group than body optimise) because I feel that the focus of having to put my weight in every week really helps and I am completely honest about it. I'm not sure that I would have been so successful without it. I use the site for other stuff (looking up syns and recipes etc) fairly regularly but not necessarily every week and once you know the plan (or have the books and ideally a directory of syns) you wouldn't necessarily need it. However I know that some people feel that they really need the support/motivation of a group.

I consider myself to have done pretty well so far but there is one lady here (cocktail princess) who has lost 7 stone (I think) to get to target through body optimise and has kept it off. What an inspiration !!!

Anyway, whatever you decide good luck (and let us know)

Gail x

I do it on my own as well.

I have tried before and failed. The difference this time is this site. The help and encouragement have been what has brought me to target with a total loss of 65lbs .

Good luck,

I do Body Optimise and am doing pretty well so far! If you are in the right place mentally to just get on with it and aren't likely to cheat you won't need the support of a group you'll be able to do it on your own. This site is really good for a bit of group support if you feel the need!

Ooops sorry fillymum, forgot about you (and also hadn't realised that you were doing body optimise) - well done again !!

I completely agree with Beegees post above as well. I think you have to be in the right frame of mind. Having said that, I didn't know when I started this that I would be able to get in the right frame of mind, I just did. But if I hadn't, I'm sure I wouldn't have been this successful (and if I lose that 'frame of mind' I would probably slide down the slippery slope again......).

Anyway, good luck for whatever you decide.

Gail x

P.S. Well done to Beegee - great progress so far :)

I have mostly done this through body optimise online. More recently I have started going to class as well (partly because everyone here on this site feels that it is so useful) because I thought that when things get tough (which they inevitably will do) I would benefit from the support of a group but I haven't really needed it yet.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but my online membership is due for re-newal soon and was wondering, if you join a group do you continue your current membership, or do you start again, as I don't want to lose the progress I've already made.

Hi Kate,

I may be wrong but I think they are 2 completely separate things. I just pay twice at the moment (eek ! but I am very focused and determined !!!). The websites used to be a little bit different but now since the change I can't see any differences at all when I log in on body optimise or when I log in through SW. It might be worth asking though whether you can transfer them but I suspect not - partly because there are no guarantees about what you have done online because no-one can 'prove it' and the weights probably wouldn't match up.

If you manage to find out though, please can you let me know !

Thanks and good luck with whatever you decide.

Gail x

Thank you Gail.

Back