Slimming world or Weightwatchers??

There is absolutely no right or wrong answer to that question lol

Basically it depends on what diet suits your lifestyle better. Anyone doing SW will tell you its best and anyone doing WW will tell you its best. Its a personal choice...

Theyre both sooo different... the best thing would be to have a look round the site, have a look at some food diaries for both and get an idea of what people are eating but to just say which ones best??? Impossible question....

Hi and welcome. They both work. If you need to go to a class then I'd decide on which class is the best day and time and place for you.

Irene xx

Hi, welcome. My mum did WW a few years ago and is doing it again now. She definitely recommends it. Good luck.

As a slimming world follower i'd obviously recommend it. Both plans can work and both have different advantages.

One thing I will say is that WW appears to be quite expensive. I don't know the truth in it.

On SW I'm spending £5 a week for the classes and my food bill has shrunk because i'm cooking from scratch a lot more.

I heard that scales and calculators people use to make it easier can be pricey. Also heard a rumour that they recently changed the system and made stuff that members had just purchased and signed up to one week, obsolete the next.

Like I said, appears to be. Don't have personal knowledge just what i've heard.

I heard that scales and calculators people use to make it easier can be pricey. Also heard a rumour that they recently changed the system and made stuff that members had just purchased and signed up to one week, obsolete the next.

Like I said, appears to be. Don't have personal knowledge just what i've heard.

You dont need the scales but theyre not really any dearer than a good set of kitchen scales - even if youre on the new plan you can still use the old scales as regular kitchen scales and the calculators are about a fiver but then there are loads of iphone/android/blackberry apps which do the job just as well either free or for under £1. Wouldnt you gladly shell out for a portable Syn calculator to help with SW ;) WW can be followed just as effectively without any of the aids available. You get everything you need free at classes.

The WW system has totally changed recently but it was well advertised from before the summer.

Old stock was sold off at very very reduced rates to people, and a lot of people were more than delighted as they intend to keep to the old plan. Dont believe everything you see on Watchdog ;)

Last edited:
My answer to that question is.... everybody is different and it depends on which eating plan you body can cope with more.... me personally i am starting weight watchers due to i love my sweet things too much and i work different shifts at work so i eat at all different times hehe....

You will soon find out with suit you better!! :)

Good luck on your journey :)

Ive done both plans and i have to say WW works better for me, so much easier to fit in around my work schedule, not any more expensive than SW, and now they have changed the points system you can eat more fruit which is good for me i now find myself reaching for fruit rather than chocolate :). Like most people have said though you need to weigh the pros and cons out and work out which one will suit your lifestyle better. Whichever way you decide to go good luck with it :)

I think either will work as long as you follow it.

I am doing SW and it works for me because I never feel like I've 'run out' of food that I like eg rice, cottage cheese etc but it is possible to overeat on SW (because the free food still has calories in). However I eat plenty of big meals and plenty of food and never feel restricted.

WW will work better for some people because (I think) it is a bit more prescriptive (albeit with lots of flexibility) so you know how much you are allowed to eat and just stick to it. For some people I know that will work much better.

So, either 'diet' will work but the psychology is a bit different and you choose what works best for you. And the good thing is the either plan can be (and hopefully is) a plan for life that will allow you to eat a bit of what you want but still either lose weight or maintain depending on your needs.

Good luck for whatever you decide to do.

Gail x

And cost wise, there probably isn't much difference. And for me the £20 a month is worth every penny !

SW and WW are both fab!! It comes down to which one you feel happy with!! WW gives a brill weight loss my friend has lost loads on it!! I enjoy SW i just need to stick to it now hehe:eek: good luck xx

Back