Slimming world or ww?

I think you will get alot of pro SW answers here to be honest.

I think any diet is hard and it;s just about finding the right diet to suit you and your lifestyle. For me its SW but i'm sure if you asked the same question on WW then that would come up as the preference!

Only you can decide to be honest

Good Luck

I have been on ww for many years but they changed all the plan and I feel I'm hungry all the time, my friend started sw and had lost a stone so far:) that's why I was thinking of sw, I like to eat :) xx

I've also done both and SW has to win hands down for me... It doesn't feel like a diet, I have just adapted it to fit into my lifestyle and 26 weeks in I've achieved my target weight and I'm still loving every!

Depends what you want to eat they both work! On WW I spent most of my points on choc, sweets and bread, I never ate any veg or fruit. On SW I eat so so much more healthily! I eat lots of fruit and veg and love it. WW allowed me to eat terribly and lose weight which is really not good. If your more sensible than me in sure it'd be better. I like the quantities I can eat with SW on WW I was always hungry.

I understand your dilemma - and right now I feel like crap too. I have had a weight prob all of my adult life and yoyo-ed on/off. I then used soups/shakes/bars (no name no pack drill, but I took a stonking lot off and put it all back on with VAT and a small tip).

Now I want to eat properly and move more - I really want to join a group that will encourage that. I am going to give SW a try next week - wish you luck on your quest

Good luck to all of you who are starting whichever plan you choose. Like others have said, I have tried ww and sw, with ww I was eating healthy meals and snacks then eating chocolate bars to use up my points, I followed it to the letter for 3 months and never really lost. I have found slimming world so much easier and more rewarding for eating healthy yummy food!

I do SW and my Mum does WW. We have both lost, but we eat very differently. Basically, I'm a pig and want to eat a lot, whereas she eats tiny portions and is happy using her points on a gin and tonic. My Mum buys all of her food once a month, cooks it, portions it and whacks it in the freezer- she literally microwaves one meal each night with a bag of micro veg and that's her tea!!!!

Whereas I, a list person and a foodie, spend ages devising scrummy menu's that I look forward to eating. I can have massive portions and OH has the same as me- so we don't need cook something seperate. Seeing her do WW, I certainly couldn't do, but then she doesn't get on with SW coz she thinks it's too much messing!!

So that's my evaluation of it, good luck choosing! xx

My Mum buys all of her food once a month, cooks it, portions it and whacks it in the freezer- she literally microwaves one meal each night with a bag of micro veg and that's her tea!!!!

Whereas I, a list person and a foodie, spend ages devising scrummy menu's that I look forward to eating. I can have massive portions and OH has the same as me- so we don't need cook something seperate. Seeing her do WW, I certainly couldn't do, but then she doesn't get on with SW coz she thinks it's too much messing!!

So that's my evaluation of it, good luck choosing! xx

She could do the same with SW! A lot of people do!

I've tried both and find SW more stick-able long term, but its a personal choice at the end of the day. Why not try 2 weeks of WW and then 2 weeks of SW and see which you feel happier doing :)

I have just changed from sw to ww as my other half is a veggie so I was doing mostly green days and eating loads of carbs my loses where very slow as I would eat massive portions. I think I needed something stricter but sw definately teaches you how to cook healthy meals. I still cook the same food but use the points to control portions.

She could do the same with SW! A lot of people do!

She won't be told! Besides, she lost close to 2 stone in 2 months on ww using this method so she won't even consider changing! Don't how she does it though, she has half a plate of food for a main meal!! I just couldn't manage it, I'd eat the couch out of starvation :rolleyes:

I've done both plans but lasted on ww only a few days where as sw I kept going.

I see the benefits of ww being that you have complete flexibility to use your points as you wish and there are lots of ww food available to buy which is more convenient. The disadvantages are that it is easy to spend your points unwisely and you can end up being hungry.

The benefits of sw are that you have unlimited free foods which means you can eat until you are full so you never need to feel hungry. You are also trained to fill up on healthy foods and to get the necessary fibre and calcium through your healthy extras which I think is useful for learning good eating habits. On the downside your 15 syns a day will not give you as much flexibility for what you choose to eat and there are no pre-made foods available. Some people complain that sw does not teach portion control and a few of my friends have given up on sw after a few days because 'they feel they are eating too much' to lose weight. I felt the same at first but stuck with it and enjoyed a steady loss every week. You can be full and lose weight!!

I think it takes a while to get into the mindset of a new plan though. When I gave ww a try I couldn't get used to all the weighing of foods which I enjoyed freely on sw. I think the other thing I like about sw is the amount of recipes on these forums that you can make with little or no syns including puddings! :)

However if you post this same question on the ww thread you will find opposite views I would expect!!

Hello all.

First post ever - here goes........

In the same boat as kerieb - and the posts on here have inspired me to give SW a bash. Think this community of like-minded people could well be the thing I have been missing all on my lonesome!

Good luck everyone x

I am a SW girl through and through and have been for many years. However, when I want portion control I do swap over to WW. I tend to eat the same foods as when im on SW but I obviously have to weigh them when on WW and because of that limit, I find I eat more vegetables ( that dont need to be weighed) in order to fill my plate up.
So, for me, WW works when I feel I'm just eating too much food (and maybe not enough veg)on SW!
I guess it's all in the mind and really depends on how I'm feeling.

Good luck kerieb x

I have done both plans and for me sw wins hands down. Although I got to target with ww it was too convenient, I was living on microwave food and once I had got to target the weight come bk on cos I got bored with microwave food! And I did feel hungry quite a lot too which is never good!

I never go hungry on sw and now I have a family I know exactly what they are eating which is fab. I also like that I got to choose my target for sw whereas with ww I was told what weight I should be to reach target.

I do find it fab for families, my lil girl is almost 4 and my son 4 months. She eats all my sw main meals and loves em and best part is knowing exactly what she is getting. Good luck x x

Back