Slimming World Password

What is this weeks Password i forgot to ask at my SW group on Monday night, I need to use the syn calculator fast...:cry:

In the good news though i lost another half pound this week taking my total to 1 stone and 1 and 1/2 pounds in 5 weeks not bad going...:D

What is this weeks Password i forgot to ask at my SW group on Monday night, I need to use the syn calculator fast...:cry:

In the good news though i lost another half pound this week taking my total to 1 stone and 1 and 1/2 pounds in 5 weeks not bad going...:D
Phone or emai, your consultant. Support mid week is also what you pay for.

I 100% agree with the idea that posting the password is wrong. Many people pay for the use and it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to them to pay when others are getting it free. Slimming world is a business after all.

However the blame is with Slimming world for using a rather lousy system. Someone somewhere on the internet each week is going to post the password, whether they like it or not and people with not a lot of money (and £4.95 per week is a lot to some who are scraping money together) are sooooo gonna jump on it and rather than telling off people and threatening legal action to every site that has one poster telling everyone, maybe they should look into a better system.

They could also look into not charging a small fortune to start the online version...... less temptation to get it "free".

So in short while people should not be posting and nicking passwords, you can't blame them when it's far too easy. Ow this fence hurts. ;)

And for those who are struggling money wise who are thinking of starting slimming world but are worried about cost, buy a starter kit off ebay and use minimins to check syns. You can even get the NHS to help fund you depending on your PCT so ask your doctor.

SW are 'looking into a better system'. All the classes are moving over to electronic systems, with members being issued a swipe card. When the system is rolled out to every class then there will be no password any more, with members logging into the website using their own unique ID number.

Alas, I haven't been to my class for the past two weeks due to illness, however, I don't worry about missing the password as I can contact my SW consultant (they have their name and phone number in your book just before your weigh in pages). Having said that however, if I have forgotten the password I just come on site here and ask for any syn info if I need it. Everyone on this site are more than helpful and I know that there will always be someone who will oblige.

I would like all members to please refrain from posting the slimming world password on the open forum.

I recieved an email today from Slimming World about this. Please see the email posted below.

Regards,
Pierce

Dear Administrator,

I’ve received a letter from a Slimming World member who is very disappointed to see that the password for LifelineOnline is being shared on your forum. Whilst I can see that your forum is a source of mid-week support and motivation for many members – and possibly non-members too – I would appreciate it if you could ensure that the password isn’t published on your pages.

Group members pay a weekly fee which includes exclusive access to the site. LifelineOnline is an extension of Slimming World, rather than a support system in itself, by passing the password on to non-members it is depriving them of experiencing for themselves the unique support of a Slimming World group and Image Therapy. We are the only slimming company that allows members free access to a member’s website via a password (other companies charge for this service); if the password continues to be made available to non-members on unofficial forums, we may have to review LifelineOnline ‘free’ status.

We do take this seriously because we want to offer our members the very best online support and help for free. I hope you can appreciate that and are able to action this on your support forum as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Nicola Slack
Slimming World Assistant Website Editor

for those that dont see the beginning of this thread

x

Passwords normally last for just under two weeks from the start of the week that they are issued.

Thanks, I'm not sure when it was issued, it worked today and earlier this week, any idea when it was issued? The one beginning with a 'g' worked all week but then stopped working today. I'll be going back to the class when I'm within 3lbs of my target, I don't want to go back and pay before then if I can avoid it :)

the only way to get the password is like the rest of us and paying for the service which is Sw business

the only way to get the password is like the rest of us and paying for the service which is Sw business

That's just the point, I've paid out a fortune in the past to SW! As I'm now only a few pounds over my target, I'm aiming to get down to 3lbs above target so that I don't have to pay. Although I could write down my food intake, I find the food diary on the website quite useful and it's nice to record progress. Not worth £4.95 a week though! And I find it challenging to beat the big business and do it without parting with money.

not everyone can afford to pay though1 they dont come cheap! and lets face it these clubs make millions

SW is a business after all, and quite frankly it's only fair to the SW members to have some extras, like the site, and it would be very unfair for non paying people to get those benefits!

And I find it challenging to beat the big business and do it without parting with money.

As said in my previous post, it's unfair to paying members, many who have also paid large sums to SW.
If you only have a few pounds left to get back to your target, surely that would not be too many weeks to pay?

That's just the point, I've paid out a fortune in the past to SW! As I'm now only a few pounds over my target, I'm aiming to get down to 3lbs above target so that I don't have to pay. Although I could write down my food intake, I find the food diary on the website quite useful and it's nice to record progress. Not worth £4.95 a week though! And I find it challenging to beat the big business and do it without parting with money.
I believe that to attend free as a target member you have to lose 7lb to target whilst a full paying member. Eg. If your target is 10st then you have to join at at least 10st 7lb. If you join at 10st 3lb then your target would have to be 9st 10lb at the most.

I'm all for saving money wherever and whenever I can (my family call me "cheapskate"), but if everyone used the facilities that a business provides without paying for it, then that business will soon go out of business!!

Also, SW could legitimately take action against this forum if we didn't comply with its request regarding the password.

If you are doing fine on your own, good for you. You don't really need the website.

I believe that to attend free as a target member you have to lose 7lb to target whilst a full paying member. Eg. If your target is 10st then you have to join at at least 10st 7lb. If you join at 10st 3lb then your target would have to be 9st 10lb at the most.

I started at nearly 11st, got down to a target of 10st, lost 3lbs more, then set a new target for 9st 7lbs. As long as I'm within 3lbs either way of 9st 7lbs I can go for free. At the moment I'm around 10st so I just need to get down to 9st 10lbs before I can go without paying.

Back