Slimming World Pimms

mandiep

Hi, I am hoping someone can help. Years ago (when I did slimming world for the first time) there was a recipe for sin free alcohol free Pimms.
It had diet lilt and balsamic vinegar but I can't remember the proportions. Can anyone remember it or have any other idea's for something other than diet pop. I am having friends over next week and want to prove that slimming world doesn't have to be boring.
I am also looking for sin free canopys if you have any ideas?

Many Thanks

I'm afraid I have no idea but I just wanted to say.....syn and drink the alcohol! It's much more fun ;)

Failing that, I hope someone comes up with the recipies for you :D

hi hun, my version of the syn free pimms which I wrote in the magazine too.....

1 LARGE (are they 2litres?? i forget how big things are, but they are like the big cocacola bottles) bottle of diet lemonade
50ml of balsamic vinegar
sweetner to taste ( i don't use it tho)
chopped cucumber
chopped strawberries
groovy straws!!!

Many thanks Renza. All the girls coming round next week (for a body shop party) anre on slimming world and I wanted to make it all sin free and still have a good laugh (which I'm sure I will)

Any idea on canopys?

For canapes.... why don't you do little smoked salmon roll ups?
Spread slices of smoked salmon with cottage cheese or VLF soft cheese with garlic and herbs and roll up. Cut into little pieces and push a cocktail stick into each one.
If you can get it, the Eat Honestly smooth cottage cheese with garlic and herbs works very well for this.

You could make a tuna pate (whizz tuna with fromage frais and seasoning) and spread onto little pieces of ryvita, break them into pieces - it looks random but they go like little triangles and look good!

How about little fruit kebabs? Cocktails sticks with pieces of fresh pineapple, melon and grapes for example?

Little salad kebabs too, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and pepper onto cocktail sticks.

Serve cherry tomatoes on the vine if you can get them, they look lovely.

Hope this helps!

Just to add a couple of suggestions to jaylou's fantastic list:

Make a frittata (omlette with chopped cooked potatoes and any other free food) and cut into triangles and pop on cocktail sticks

Prawn skewers with a sweet chilli dip

Get a packet of cooked chicken tikka breast pieces and make a yogurt, cucumber and mint raita for dipping

Boil some eggs, slice in half lengthways, scoop out all the yolks and mix them with some very low fat mayo and pipe them back into the holes and sprinkle with paprika

Potato wedges (made like the chips) serve with raita (they look really cute if you use small new potatoes- less clumsy for canapes)

ohhhhhhhhhh- am making myself hungry!!!

Hope you have a lovely evening xxxxxx

hello,
this was in the magazine once
2 slices of wholemeal bread,
5 laughing cow light cheeses
2 quorn sausages

roll out each slice of bread to flatten, then spread the cheese on both pieces then place a sausage in the middle on the diagonal and wrap the bread round.
secure with a cocktail stick if needed and cook in the oven until crispy leave to cool or eat hot.

they are quite nice, you could cut them into bite size pieces

karen

Back