Slimming world scales

Nikki<3

Gold Member
Hello everyone,

Just wondered if anyone can shed any light on this.

So my home scales are only 0.5lb different to class scales. Yesterday my home scales said 11st 5.5lb I then went to the gym and went to group. I was expecting a weigh in of 11st 5lb but they were 11st 4lb!! To keep my results consistent i do everything the same each weigh in including going to the gym. I got home and stood on my scales and was still 11st 5.5. My only difference is that I went to a different group.

My question is, do all slimming world scales weigh the same? I dont want an unexpected gain next week from this week being dodgy scales!!

Personally I think not my class is 1.5 more than my scales I went to another class and was 0.25lb more!

Going to have to work super hard this week even for a maintain i think! I've swapped classes now so ill always be on the scales I was on yesterday. Just don't want to see a plus next Monday!!

Scales will read differently for a variety of reasons. All SW scales are the same brand but the biggest difference is where they are located- mainly the floor type. Carpet and tile weigh very differently, but as long as each week the scales are in the same place that won't matter. Scales at different groups could be on different floor types and even different thickness, softness of the floor can make a difference, so just because both were on carpet for example may not mean they read exactly the same. You can test this by moving your scales around the house! I can have a scale difference of 3lbs depending on where in my bathroom they are!

Back