Slimming world Syn queries...how many calories?

Hi,
I joined Slimming World tonight for the first time and am a bit baffled by syns and hoping there is an easier way....

Are syns worth a certain number of calories and that seems much easier to count or do SW give syn values based on eg protein etc?

I have bought the Food Directory to help me but it is difficult to navigate as it is divided by brands not the actual foods. Eg if I want to find which crisps have the lowest syn values I have to look at every brand...not just crisps..

Is this just me being lazy and I need to get researching it us just that I left WW as didn't want to search for points :(

It's been said that 1 syn is equal to 20 calories. BUT. Everything has calories - even the free and superfree food on SW! The 20 cal rule only really works when synning something that you KNOW has zero free food like chocolate. Sorry I can't help on the crisps front as I don't really eat them!

Go on to the SW website, you can search by particular brand on there :)

It's been said that 1 syn is equal to 20 calories. BUT. Everything has calories - even the free and superfree food on SW! The 20 cal rule only really works when synning something that you KNOW has zero free food like chocolate. Sorry I can't help on the crisps front as I don't really eat them!

Go on to the SW website, you can search by particular brand on there :)

The 1 syn for every 20 cals formula works on anything without a free food allowance-so crisps, chocolate, sweets, biscuits, ready made soups and sauces. Depending on what phone you have there is a sw app available, but the sw mobile optimised site is awesome! I have an iPhone and now use that instead of the sw as it has everything you need on it, including a syn calculator for working obscure stuff out! HTH and good luck x

Back