slimming world v weight watchers

A really big thank you!!!! to everybody body....
I am staying with sw.... gonna go to class tomorrow and mix my meals up.....this week
I was staying with the same foods and think i have just got bored with it.... Im not a very good cook, but i am learning lol......
Wow where did that motivation come from lol that's fab lets face it you've got 6 weeks tht you've paid for upfront you might aswell get something out of them and give it your all. X

I no.... Like you said if in 6weeks i feel the same.... then i can try ww again....
But.... I want to try and stick with it .....

Just checked out your food dairy....Think I will try ee and green.........I would love to lose 5 and half stone well done you!!!!!!!!Thats brilliant.

Just seen your before and after photo!!!! OMG that is amazing.... you look fab...
Where do you get all your recipes from.... the sw website!!!!!
I have a big long list to take to the supermarket this week....

Just seen your before and after photo!!!! OMG that is amazing.... you look fab...

Hi, I too was a swapper - WW then SW then WW, but I decided to give SW another go @ 6 weeks ago, I have lost 12lbs so far need/want to lose 5 stone. I found I used pp on treats and would be hungry. I was also cooking safe meals, boring but this time I cook all main meals from SW magazine or website or from recommendations, my family are enjoying the change and decent (edible!) meals now - lol. 12lbs is good as I have had 3 lots of antibiotics and 3 lots of steroids recently for chest infections/asthma and I normally have had at least a gain by now but not this time so far and scales look hopeful for Thursday still. So after my waffling (sorry) do give it the 6 weeks, try new recipes and shout for help, someone will respond. Good luck xxx

Hi Thank you....Yes I am I went to class today at the moment feel very motivated.....
I really want to do it.... I was like you ww sw ww sw but I would eat a lot of junk... and processed foods.
I no this is better.... but its trying out different things I think... rather than giving up .....Well done on the 12lbs loss..
watch this space lol.....

Hi Thank you....Yes I am I went to class today at the moment feel very motivated.....
I really want to do it.... I was like you ww sw ww sw but I would eat a lot of junk... and processed foods.
I no this is better.... but its trying out different things I think... rather than giving up .....Well done on the 12lbs loss..
watch this space lol.....

Keep me updated. You can do it. Xxx

I love ww and sw, I am constantly on a diet and swap between the 2 every few months. They both work and thy both have advantages and disadvantages. I am a relly slow loser and have only lost 10lb since Xmas, I will get fed up in a few weeks and be back on ww lol xx. It's whatever suits you and hey both suit me so I do both lol xx

Thanks so much! I get recipe ideas from magazines, recipe books, group, this website, mostly just old things I've always liked but just adapted such as spag Bol, shepherds pie, lasagne, roast dinners! I get loads of ideas for here tho that's why I do food diary so people comment and give ideas to me x

A really big thank you!!!! to everybody body....
I am staying with sw.... gonna go to class tomorrow and mix my meals up.....this week
I was staying with the same foods and think i have just got bored with it.... Im not a very good cook, but i am learning lol......

Just had a quick read and to be fair I have done both SW and WW but I prefer SW, i can not be bothered with all the weighing and pointing anymore (and I was on WW for 3 years!)

Anywho, glad you are sticking with SW, let us know how you get on? x

Hi

Can anyone tell me the difference between weight watchers and slimming world. I lost 2 stone on weight watchers nearly 2 years ago and more or less got bored, I have put one stone back on.
But I'm determined this time to lose 4 stone but I want to do it right.
Can anyone tell me if they changed from WW to SW and if so can you tell me the difference?

I did weight watchers on line breifly a while ago and would say the difference is there is less weighing and measuring in slimming world. Lots of free food to fill you up and then a few bits and pieces to measure. Lots of fruit and veg to be eaten as well as lean meat, eggs, fat free yogurt and pasta/potato/rice etc. Then you can have a little bit of bread, milk and cheese and a little bit of anything else you fancy.

for me the downside of sw is that it is much harder to have preprepared food. If you like cooking it is much easier as you are not counting points of all your ingredients, but if you like putting a ready meal in the microwave it is more difficult as even low point ready meals are usually high syn.\

I have heard though that weight watchers does now have free food as well so not sure about the new ww plan. Good luck

Ok I see!
I'm a bit of a control freak so I must say I enjoy the points! I think if I step outside the restrictions it's when I get in trouble, maybe ill stick with WW for now

I did WW last year but got bored and all the measuring and weighting also was not happy with the consultation always feel that i was failing, SW you need to plan ahead but i enjoy the food more and have a great supportive group.

Ive never done ww vt think its great how much branded treats they do. wish sw did more xx

Ive never done ww vt think its great how much branded treats they do. wish sw did more xx

Must admit it always me when people say things like this. You can have any treat going as long as you syn it so why does it matter whether it is produced by SW or not? Me I actually prefer that I am just eating normal products without advertising to the world that I am doing SW lol but each to their own xx

I personally hate diets that brand stuff it's done purely for marketing and profit not to aid someone's weightloss I'd sooner eat a sw adapted home cooked dinner than a weight watchers logo ready meal which are made in same factory as every other ready meal brand.

Back