slimming world v weight watchers

Didnt mean to offend anyone! Each to their own. I would love it if sw did low syn sauces as I havent always got time to make them from scratch and would take comfort knowing the syn value- it would be more convient for me. x

I dont like the ready meals- bt the sauces are great x

I was too hungry on WW and found I relied on too much pre packed and ready meals.
I love SW even though my losses are smaller and I feel like its more of a life style change than a diet.
Everyone is different though. Diets all work if followed 100% but its about finding one which is right for the individual and suits their needs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

sw and ww

I have posted this on both diets as I know its probably gonna get mixed reaction. I just want to know what people find better for weight loss and what they enjoy about either plan xx

Never done ww but sw suits me down to the ground. Been at target for 17 months, not a diet but a way of life. Very very little weighing and measuring, just fill your plate till satisfied with fruit,veg,protein and carbs. A measured amount of calcium and fibre every day, and little treats allowed as well. No brainer for me. S W rocks :)

I found Slimming world extra easy very flexible after getting to target last year I have put a stone back on , so I am back on plan and have found it very easy to get back into it, the secret is to vary meals as much as you can so you don't get bored it works for me (well I hope it will will tell you when this stone comes off) Ha Ha,

I've done both and both work if you stick to it. I do however prefer SW as I don't get along with pointing everything and either use my points on 'naughty' foods or get bored of counting and go off plan. The main reason I follow slimming world is that I don't want my girls growing up thinking mummy has issues with food and has to measure and count everything. They now eat the same meals as I do and also see me have treats like chocolate but as part of a balanced diet. However I haven't done ww for a long time and know its changed somewhat.

I have done WW in the past. At the time I really thought it was ok, I could have chocolate, chips, whatever I wanted really as long as I counted the points. However, once the points ran out so did the food.

Now I've embraced the SW way of eating I can still have treats if I want to and count the syns, but when the syns run out it doesn't mean the end of eating if I'm still hungry, I can have the free food and it isn't just a piece of fruit or some salad, it could be any number of things including SW chips :eating:

It's a no brainer really....

Obviously it's everyone's choice but having been a WW fan for ages, although I was still classed as morbidly obese I was running out of pp before The evening was anywhere near over hence often went to bed hungry or to stop me eating more. I found I was losing, STS, gain vicious circle. So after an operation and other illness I decided to sit down seriously and look into both WW & SW and after much searching chose SW - that was 10 weeks ago and I have lost every week (18 1/2 lbs). I appreciate you need to plan ahead but as a family we sit down together to eat every night, so cooking from scratch isn't a new concept for us as I didn't buy ready meals before - my weight issue was all the extras - biscuits/crisps/choc and odd unhealthy takeaway. I don't drink. I don't have endless time either - my husband and I both work full time, leave home 0730, back 1730-1800 but I get in and start cooking - I plan meals, shop for ingredients so all is ready to go. Daughter & hubby have a light snack if hungry whilst waiting (I don't let them interfere never know what hidden ingredients they add!). But, I am loving SWs EE plan, minimal weighing, phone app to check syns when out. Since starting 10 weeks ago as a family we have had 5 birthday meals out and I still lost and didn't go without or miss out. So for me it's SW (sorry WW old friend). Hope whatever you choose you are as happy as I am on a healthy eating plan.

(Oooops have waffled :) ) xxxx

I tried ww online at first purely because its cheaper than sw online, but gave up and asked for my money back after a week, it was far too complicated. I found it nearly impossible to calculate the points of foods I had made from scratch. I've been doing sw for nearly 3 weeks now and lost 6 1/2 lbs in the first 2 weeks, love cooking and have found some fantastic recipes

Have done both over the years, sometimes counting points then it changed to pro points baffled me. SW Allows me to fill up on carbs keeps hunger at bay.

I tried Weight Watchers before finding Slimming World and in my first month with WW I don't think I lost more than 3lb. When I calculated my homecooked meals on WW, I was finding I was hitting 20-25 potions for a homemade spag made with extra lean meat on Slimming World, that same recipe - which is my luxury wine edition spag is 1.5 syns and comes with about 1/3 superfree's from the onion, garlic, pepper, mushroom and celery not to mention just about everything else I cook in slimming world easily being no syns with just a little bit of change.

Slimming World have been a revelation in comparison - I've lost 1st3.5lb since I start just over a month ago, I was Slimmer of the Week last week as well as being Slimmer of the Month and getting my first stone of loss. it's been amazing.

I also did ww before i found slimming world i lost half stone on ww and got stuck i was also constantly hungry wer with slimming world the weight just fell off and im always full

I done ww about a year ago. I only did it for 4 weeks I only lost a lb a week for the first 3 then stayed the same on the 4th. I found it hard to stick to, to much point counting and weighing everything just made it seem all to strict. I'm only on day 3 of SW and I have not felt the need to snack or use up even half my syncs yet because I am feeling full from the meals I'm eating so feeling pleased so far.
Also the ww group was very clicky was always about the same 4-5 people every week ect... Unless you stood up and spoke out loud you may aswell not have been there. When I joined SW on Monday it was very welcoming and everyone gets a chance to talk about there weight loss and everyone listened and gave each other advice.
i can't wait for my meeting and weigh in to see what I have lost and I think I will achieve my goals quickly with such good support from the group. X

A good consultant and group is essential to your success if you are a group type person, which I am also. Good luck on your journey. :)

Thank you, we'll done reaching your target people like you keep ,e motivated :)

Sorry for the spelling silly ipad likes to re write everything lol

Tried WW last year after hearing good things about it, was on it for about a month and a half and only managed to lose 2.5lbs. I was always so hungry and craved everything in sight!

Joined SW about 2 months later and in the first month i lost 9lbs. I was so happy!!! :)

Back