slimming world v weight watchers

SW all the way! I definitely couldn't be bothered with counting Points. With SW you never feel deprived and, most of the ingredients you don't have to even weigh out - obviously, you do with some HE's and Synned food but, overall, it's so easy and I have rediscovered my love of cooking too! Never have to be hungry either. Love this site for inspiration and encouragement too. Thanks guys. x

Ive done both plans over the years, lost nearly 4 stone with WW and was doing fab, but then was admitted to hospital for 4 months and kinda fell off track, since being discharged have lost my WW mojo and have just joined SW hoping that it will excite me again and help me loose what I have gained in hospital

Ive done both plans over the years, lost nearly 4 stone with WW and was doing fab, but then was admitted to hospital for 4 months and kinda fell off track, since being discharged have lost my WW mojo and have just joined SW hoping that it will excite me again and help me loose what I have gained in hospital

Good luck with SW :)

hi housie

I have decided to start sw because it seems a lot easier. With ee you can have anything but the main thing is you don't have too much of the stuff that has made us big in the first place. I really thing ww seems too much hassle.

With sw you can get a lot of recipe books and lots of free recipes on this site and you never feel as if you are on a diet.

Good luck

faye cheshire

Faye

I have got a few cook books or I get recipes from here unless it is something like a chicken dinner which is easy cos the chicken is free as are the veg. I try to have a daye where I prepare a few thing s and now there is only the two of us I do enough for two weeks. I also pre prepare pasta sauce. I put in anything left over ie onions garlic celery with herbs and passata and tinned tomatoes then I can just fry minced beef and add it to the sauce when I need it and have it with a big green salad. Hubbie has garlic bread lol but I have seen how many calories....may try to make that myself and have it as my bread allowance.

Hope you chose sw as I think it is the most healthy...again good luck

Faye c

^^ I warm a WW petit pain and spread with 1 tbsp e/l mayo mixed with a little garlic powder,or you could use low fat marge for a few more syns :)

I think it's all down to personal preference and lifestyle. As a mum, I cook from scratch all the time anyway, therefore following SW suits me fantastically and the rest of the family loves the food, too. Dividing the points of home-made dishes can be a nightmare, I believe. However, if I wasn't cooking for the family, I guess I might have chosen WW, as they offer a lot of convenience food/ready made meals. Whatever people go for, good luck and happy weight loss :)

I have done both over the years and have gone back to SW twice, will be my third time on Thursday, this time I will stick to it and stick with it, the only reason I stopped the last time was
1. Getting pregnant
2. House Move
3. Being lazy!

I found the WW plan really hard to stick to and couldn't get my head around the points, I lasted 3 weeks with a loss of 0.5lb, before returning to SW and getting a loss of just over a stone.

The SW plan allows much more freedom and there are so many free and superfree foods that you can fill up on if you are feeling hungry, with WW as soon as your points are gone that's it.

I much prefer SW and it does get really easy once you get going. The books come loaded with info and lists of foods and their syn values, plus you can buy fab cook books from the groups or you can pick them up online.

Correct if I am wrong but I am sure SW is cheaper too!

have done them both and have been with slimming world for 29 months some blips... I find sw is good for those who like huge portions and like to eat and ww is good if your not that interested in food and eating and have just been eating the wrong things

hi i was a ww girl thru and thru, but wanted a change, iv been dieting all my lifea yoyo dieter and always thought of sw as the poor sister of ww in the dieting world, but thru hearing and reading lots of good things and reviews about sw thought would look into it ,and decided to start it and boy did i love it lost weight, after few weeks started to resent it and got bit bored and kept thinking bout ww how i needed to be strict with myself and with points can enjoy treats, so went to join ww again after a few days on ww i missed all the variety of food on sw and realised that sw was for me as so much more to eat and flexible now im on the straight and narrow for now with sw and loving it i just needed to get ww out of my head hope this helps

And me :)

I did WW a few times years ago, but could never stick to it.

I'm doing SW and I'm cooking the same foods for the rest of the family. I know what I can eat, and the rest I just look up the syns for.

I don't see this as a diet, I see it as long term healthy eating, with good results for weight loss.

WW to me was a chore, and the rest of the family couldn't eat the same as me.

Also, don't forget that WW produce a LOT of processed foods, which they want you to buy, whereas SW is all about eating healthy foods, and treats, in moderation.

Agree with everyone who said WW is far too restrictive & fiddly. Found it was consuming every part of my day trying to work out my points & if I could have something. There was no room for common sense & I always felt deprived on the diet. The difference with Slimming World is that it's been a whole lifestyle change, not a diet! It completely changed the way I looked at food & what I put in my meals. Never feels like a chore. I will sing it's praises to anyone who listens :)

you can have batcgelors pasta and sauce ....its got about 5 flavours that are syn free....make s an easy lunch and they were on offer last week at Tesco or Sainsbury's ...two for one so only 47p each

I much prefer slimming world I find it easier to follow .... More variety plus .....when I tried weight watchers I put on in the first week !:( xx

I do sw EE think it's the best way for me. I love the no weighing and measuring.

I have done both and to be honest only lasted two weeks on ww as I was so hungry. Never feel hungry on sw and love the way you don't measure things and count points.

I never found ww to be any good at all, I found it far too restrictive! Since starting SW I've noticed such a difference and lost nearly a stone in 3-4 weeks. And the plans give you so much variety :).

Back