slimming world v weight watchers

I much prefer SW!

Agree with everyone who said WW is far too restrictive & fiddly. Found it was consuming every part of my day trying to work out my points & if I could have something. There was no room for common sense & I always felt deprived on the diet. The difference with Slimming World is that it's been a whole lifestyle change, not a diet! It completely changed the way I looked at food & what I put in my meals. Never feels like a chore. I will sing it's praises to anyone who listens :)

Definately a lifestyle change. I have been at target now for 21 months, just dont think about it anymore! S W rocks

This is the first time I've attempted Slimming World after trying with Weight Watchers for years and so far I'm really enjoying not having to count points!

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to add my bit about SW-

When I started I was dead set on having cereal for breakfast as it was how I'd always lived, so I planned on using my Healthy Extra B on cereal and Healthy Extra A on milk- but I tried one morning to have fat free yoghurt with fruit chopped in and never looked back! I was so surprised at how filling it was and how I didn't miss cereal... Besides, much more I'd rather use my Healthy Extras on bread, cereal bars, cheese, extra virgin olive oil, etc :)

x

I always found WW far too restrictive but on SW I can eat loads! I'm never hungry and have lost loads very quickly since having my son, and he's putting weight on perfectly!

I think they are both brilliant but it's about finding what suits your needs. I lost over 2 stone this year with weight watchers. But I want to try for a baby soon and don't want to count everything and weigh everything.
You will get equal amount voting for each I would say

I've done WW and now I'm thinking of trying SW. I just find WW too time consuming and I hate the constant counting. How much does SW differ from this? I'm quite active but at the same time I love my grub :)

I'm going to NYC in March and one of my best friends is getting married. I think it can be done but I need to believe in myself.

i did WW a couple of years ago and lost a 1.5st but being 20st when i started I had 46 points but i struggled to eat that many whilst eating healthy foods, i only wish SW had more products out like WW do.

Moved from weight watchers to slimming world

Hi everyone. I am wondering if anyone on here changed from weight watchers to slimming world. If so did you find it hard to get your head around new diet which diet do you prefer and are you glad you switched. I can't make my mind up on switching or not and would love some advice thanks :)

Hey I didn't do a straight switch but I've done both and slimming world is amazing!!!! No counting points for almost everything just a daily syn allowance so much more freedom on slimming world in my opinion and personal experience the sw group is better than the 2 different ww groups I tried :) happy slimming x

Yes, I've just done a straight switch a few weeks ago. Couldn't cope any more with counting and weighing and obsessing over every gram of food. I'm having to just do online as there are no meetings here, but I did SW a lot of years ago and it worked so the decision to switch wasn't hard. No regrets from me!

Moved from weight watchers to slimming world

Yes me!! I made the switch 4 weeks ago and won't be turning back!! SW is amazing!! WW got too controlled for me in the end and I felt as if there was no freedom. SWbis completely different and it does take a few weeks to get your head round I have to be honest about that one, I've did WW on and off for 5 years so its been imprinted in my mind and I've just had to try and forget everything I've learnt. But slimming world seems to be fab. I've lost 10.5lbs in 3 weeks and would never have lost that much on WW. Give it a go its the best thing I ever did! :) xx

Did WW for years, felt very weird starting SW, took a while to get used to it but I find SW absolutely brilliant, it's not really restrictive at all, well provided you don't eat free foods just for the sake of it! SW all the way :)

Weightwatchers or slimming world!?

Hey guys...sorry to trouble you...but I'm utterly lost! I know I need to do SOMETHING... However I'm not quite sure what! I know slimming world can work, lost half a stone on it before...but I've seen lots of success from weightwatchers in colleagues.

Has anyone got any advice as to which one to choose for an overhaul. I'm very active (exercise 4/5 times a wee) and weigh 10.13...would love to get down under 9.7. I adore sweet foods...and rose lol.

Any feedback would be amazing! Thank you...xxx

Hey guys...sorry to trouble you...but I'm utterly lost! I know I need to do SOMETHING... However I'm not quite sure what! I know slimming world can work, lost half a stone on it before...but I've seen lots of success from weightwatchers in colleagues.

Has anyone got any advice as to which one to choose for an overhaul. I'm very active (exercise 4/5 times a wee) and weigh 10.13...would love to get down under 9.7. I adore sweet foods...and rose lol.

Any feedback would be amazing! Thank you...xxx

Most people in this particular sub forum will say Slimming World. It's certainly working for me. I've never tried weightwatchers, but as I understand it, you have to count the points in everything, whereas on slimming world the bulk of what you eat are free foods which mean you can eat them until you're satisfied without needing to weigh and measure. You only need to measure a small amount of foods on slimming world.

There are no banned foods on slimming world and you can have treats up to a limit of 15 syns a day.

As a guide off the top of my head - A large glass of medium white wine is 8 syns and a curly wurly is 6 syns - you couldn't have this every day and still lose weight on slimming world!
You can also get your sweet fix by having (fresh or frozen) fruit and yogurt - which is free foods (depending on the yogurt you choose) and you can add sweetner if you've got a real sweet tooth and you wouldn't need to weigh and measure any of that!

If you have any questions about slimming world I'm happy to answer them :)

I think a lot of it depends on the person.

I tried weightwatchers - it didn't work for me. Because everything had a points value and after my points were spent for the day that was it, I'd starve all day in order to make sure I could have some chocolate and crisps in the evening because they are my weakness.

With slimming world, I can eat until I'm satisfied on free and superfree foods and still have my syns to have crisps or chocolate if I want them. That keeps me sane and makes it feel sustainable for me.

I've done both and slimming world is a winner in my book. For me it's something I could keep up forever and becomes a lifestyle rather than a diet. I did the same as others with weight watchers - starved to eat crap.

If yu are active then focus on food as fuel and notice what happens to your performance when you eat rubbish! I've had a pants run tonight and I know the cramp in my leg is from fried chicken and beer on Saturday!

Thank you...I think slimming world is for me, i just know I'd raid the cupboards if I was out of points and starved! Will go this week! Xx

Back