slimming world v weight watchers

Perhaps take a look at the SW v WW sticky a bit further up the page. But everyone on here will say SW is best and they will say WW on the WW forum, and probably give the same reasons funnily enough x

Perhaps take a look at the SW v WW sticky a bit further up the page. But everyone on here will say SW is best and they will say WW on the WW forum, and probably give the same reasons funnily enough x

If you can find anyone in the ww forum... Pretty sure I saw tumbleweed when I got lost and ended up there...

Pretty sure we out number them in subforum viewing numbers by almost 10 to 1 almost all the time :p

Probably because WW has their own forum for members where SW doesn't x

And its very simple to follow. Work out points take them off your allowance done ;)

There are so many ww apps to work out points too there's not the same need for points requests.

And you dont get 400 threads asking the same question on ww lol You cant say sw is more popular than ww just because this forum is busier

Youll also find that about 90% of the 'people' viewing the forum arent real people theyre bots from other sites :)

As I said earlier in the thread, I did WW for years and in fairness I did lose three stone but I would pick SW hands down, as Jeniferous said, this is a lifestyle thing, I found once I got used to the programme, I knew exactly what I could and couldn't eat without constant referral to a book or constant weighing etc, it just becomes natural!

Did ww years ago and lost 1 1/2 stone~only to pile it all on again + an additional 3 stone! Sw is def for me. I have changed my eating habits completely, my meals are much tastier and varied than they ever where ;)

There are so many ww apps to work out points too there's not the same need for points requests.

To be fair, Slimming World has an app too where you can get syn values on the go. Although, I'm not sure if every member can view it or just online members? Not sure.

Hello,
Ive done WW before and i must say i did lose a good bit of weight, 1st in 3 weeks,but... i was starving! I would sit and clock watch until it was dinner time then i would find myself watching my pot of pasta boil and stand drooling watching over it like a vulture lol, so needless to say .. i never lasted long and as soon as i stopped counting the lbs creeped back on one by one until i was heavier than i was in the first place,
Im only on my 4th day on SW but i must say , im not hungry and have not been drooling over pasta this time lol.
I would never recommend WW to my friends or family, but i understand that some have better experiences with WW than i did, Who wants to gop out for a meal and be sitting fretting or counting points for the rest of there life.
Sw is the choice for me no hunger pangs , no points ..no hassle. Ussually i find the first couple of days a real bummer but its been easy peasy so far so .. nice one!!
This is just my experience just being 100% honest lol,
Good luck with whatever you decide to do

x

Help! Slimming World -v- Weight Watchers

Dear All

Weight Watchers -v- Slimming World

Apologies if this is sounds absolutely ridiculous but I wonder if anyone could help me.

I am currently doing WW and have been for the last 3-4 months but not seeing any changes in that I'm not losing much weight - a gal of my stature should be able to lose at least (I would have thought) a stone, stone and a half in this time and I just seem to be coasting along (not messing) but getting no where fast.

I did SW a couple of years ago and to be honest didnt last long (I dont think I gave it a fair shot) but in the couple of weeks I did do it I did have good losses - I just got confused with the red, green and orange and should have asked for more help at the time.

The only trouble is I aint the best cook in the world and tend to stick with WW because of their convenience range. So getting to the point hunnies I suppose my question to all you SW ers, can you do SW even though you are not the best cook in the world and is there quick and easy meals you can make for tea etc?

Sorry for the ramblings but just wanted some input from the gals (and guys) who has SW as part of their lifestyle change.

Thanks again and sorry for the rambling.

Love
Tx

Hi!

Doing Slimming world, and losing a lot! I'm a good cook, but some nights I just do NOT want to cook a proper meal, but yes there are hundreds of meals you can do - or even better new recipes you might learn that'll help you be a good cook!

Last night I had burger and chips, a quorn burger (0.5 syns) if you don't want to make your own with meat, a bun (HeB) and cheese from HeA, you can put salad from a bag in it and use a couple Syns on a sauce if you want. Chips are easy, I don't even bother par-boiling mine, just cut potatoes into chip size pieces stick on a baking tray with some fry-light and spices and bake till crispy!

Tomato pasta is easy, as are most pasta dishes, you just bundle lots of free ingredients into a sauce and top on whichever pasta you choose;
Tomato - Passata, carrots, onion, mushroom, butternut squash, mixed herbs and a stock cube - easypeasy!
Tuna - Tin of tuna, half tin of sweetcorn and a few Tbsps of FF Natural yoghurt with some chives

Pitta pizzas are quite good, you can use your HeB (I think it's wholemeal Asda pittas that count) top with passata, some cheese (HeA) and whatever toppings you fancy and cook for about 5/10 minutes depending on how good your oven is

If you REALLY don't fancy cooking (not sure other slimmers will approve of this!) I make up 2 of the cheese Mug Shots (2 syns each on EE), chuck it in a bowl and have a nice side salad.

What kind of foods do you like? If you let us know I'm sure we can come up with some recipes you'll like!

Ive done both SW and WW - and find SW much easier - and i hate to cook. Yes there are convenience foods on WW - but for me the SW attitude of healthy eating is a much better way of doing things for a 'life style change' rather than a quick fix diet.

I eat lots of quark and pasta on SW - really easy currys with sliced meats, quark, curry paste, tomatoes, mix together and warm in the microwave with some rice, or easy carbonara with lean bacon grilled and chopped into boiled pasta with quark, a beaten egg and garlic - and a couple of points on some parmesan cheese on top. Jacket tates with beans and spagetti, and for a sweet tooth - eton mess - raspberries, muller greek coconut yoghurt (half syn) and a meringue nest (3 syns) all hardly any cooking involved!!

I've done both too. I actually totally disagree with the ww philosophy of convenience. I know you don't need to use them but I used to spend a fortune on snacks like the little chocolate bars and they did nothing for my eating habits. That's what we all need to address really, the habits. You don't like cooking or think you are no good but that may be a habit too.

Everyone here prefers SW, otherwise we wouldn't be here but obviously it's not for everyone. Not all of us cook, well or at all. I like to but don't have a lot of time. A typical meal is grilled chicken with slimming world chips in my actifry and veg. Not exactly culinary magic but nutritionally balanced an much more filling than ping cuisine.

The beauty of the plan is it can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. That's why it works, it's got that element of flexibility without racking up points like you may on weight watchers. Why not pick up a copy of the magazine and check out how it works now with extra easy. Try it, you may discover new habits. :)

Totally agree with Lickthelid. SW is so amazingly flexible and it's actually re-awakened my love of cooking. When you're working, especially, it's too easy to drift into bad eating habits and get stuck in a rut. Since re-joining SW, myself and my family rarely eat the same thing twice. The variety of dishes you can eat is mind-boggling. If you're stuck for time, chuck everything in a slow cooker (definitely worth buying one) and come home to a ready prepared, tasty meal. I don't even brown anything before adding the ingredients to mine and nobody notices the difference. Slimming World all the way!! :)

Kathy

TB1972 - I joined SW as an awful cook and in the past year have actually learnt quite a lot about making food! I'm awful with recipes but I have experimented and gotten some good results!

I have never tried WW but this thread makes it sound painful! SW has so many options and is really flexible... It has become a way of life- I would mever have expected my piggy self to enjoy a diet so much :D will be continuing it well after goal without feeling much deprivation!

My friend at work who had done SW before, decided to join WW last week, and was amazed to find that their 'NEW' diet plan that they are promoting is in fact exactly like the SW diet. Hmmmm. Mind you, it has been in all the mags and press lately that SW is winning out over the outdated WW, so maybe that is why they have changed. NOt been to them myself, but this is what my work collegue is saying.

I'm doing SW,my daughter,WW. I'm cooking from scratch but my daughter is using ready meals and cooking sauces,mostly because she finds it easier. I have to say,it's working for her but she was only a little overweight...not like Mummy and her five bellies lol!!! I've lost 3lbs in my first week and much prefer cooking my own meals which can easily be adapted for skinny hubby,who could do with bulking up!!! I guess it's all down to the individual :)

Is it worth it?

Hi fellow dieters :wavey::wavey:

A year or so ago, I joined Weight Watchers Pro Points Plan which admittedly did work well for me weight loss wise, until I fell of the wagon!!!

SO, now I am looking for a new weight loss program, and have been hearing 'Slimming World' popping up quite a lot..
What I would like though, is to hear about some of your stories, how are you finding it, is it difficult, does it fit into your lifestyle easily with work / kids etc.. and is it healthy?? As I have been advised that just because a diet enables you to drop the pounds, it may not exactly be providing you with your RDA's and such..

Also, do any of you guys exercise along with the program and does this allow for any extra 'syns'??

I am currently 12 stone and 5ft 4in.. so not exactly idealic! My BMI is 29.. My aim is to get to 9 and half stone, and thus get my BMI down..

Look forward to hearing all of your stories and any advice you could pass on :)

Thanks
Chubbywitch
<:)

Hi there. I originally lost 6 stone with WW vintage points and I was starving hence why I gained 4 1/2 stone back on. I've been taking SW seriously since late August, admittedly I am only 10lbs down (was 13.5lbs until until Christmas happened) but I've had various dramas and health scares last year and I take a lot of medication which doesn't help me lose large amounts, but when I stick to plan I always lose. I am going for gold this year (AKA target weight and feel very determined to get there).

I absolutely love SW - I have a large appetitle and you can eat loads on SW and yes I would say its very healthly. You are supposed to have 1/3 superfree foods with every meal so thats all your fruit (fresh or frozen) and vegetables (excluding potatoes, sweet pots, sweetcorn, peas which are free but not superfree). You also get healthly extra A's (calcium based foods - milk, cheese) and healthy extra B's (fibre based foods - wholemeal bread, cereals etc).

So you can see that if you follow SW 100% your diet is going to be extremely healthy and ensures you get all the nutrients that your body needs, and, then you get your syns on top which are anything the above doesn't cover which help you NOT feel deprived and help keep you on track.

I don't think exercise is mandatory and recent studies have shown that regular exercise only helps you lose 1 extra pound per month. HOWEVER, exercise is excellent for toning and for your heart health. I exercise regularly and I love it and it makes my arthitis less troublesome.

Hope that helps and if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask x

Back