slimming world v weight watchers

Brill weight loss I found with sw (even though I only done it for two weeks) I was missing my white Pitta bread n my wee treats at night keep up the good work :)

Thank you x

My experience of sw is I over eat fruit & veg which has affected my IBS which has then affected my weight loss.so the only way I personally lose weight at the moment is to use the weight watchers old points plan.i think thats not all food plans work for everyone, ive lost 8 stone using the ww old points but each to their own :)

I have told myself to stick to the SW as I have tried loads of different diets and I can't stick to any other than SW.
It works for me and it makes me feel full a lot more than WW ever did.
If anyone ever asks me to recommend one I always say SW

I think SW promotes a more 'normal' way of life, eg Home cooked meals that can be enjoyed by the whole family rather than ready meals or shakes that aren't sustainable long term. Pretty much any recipe can be adapted and nothing is forbidden. I'd recommend it to anyone :)

bigger variety of meals on slimming world. i love it. it's improving my cooking skill as well as helping me to lose weight :)

Thinking about joining slimming world I'm finding hunger a big problem at the minute and end up binge eating and wasting my points on pure crap

Thinking about joining slimming world I'm finding hunger a big problem at the minute and end up binge eating and wasting my points on pure crap

SW will probably suit you more. Portion control is obviously a factor in ANY diet but SW allows you a wider range of foods that you can eat freely. I would suggest that you get to grips with the plan first and then look at your portions. Start by increasing the ratio of superfree to free and you will be decreasing the overall amount of calories whilst still enjoying a full plate. This is only my advice though,but as a girl with an appetite like a horse, it worked for me!!! Now I eat until I'm full,not stuffed,I feel so much better and the weightloss is actually happening :)
Good luck and feel free to ask question xx

SW will probably suit you more. Portion control is obviously a factor in ANY diet but SW allows you a wider range of foods that you can eat freely. I would suggest that you get to grips with the plan first and then look at your portions. Start by increasing the ratio of superfree to free and you will be decreasing the overall amount of calories whilst still enjoying a full plate. This is only my advice though,but as a girl with an appetite like a horse, it worked for me!!! Now I eat until I'm full,not stuffed,I feel so much better and the weightloss is actually happening :)
Good luck and feel free to ask question xx

Thank you for posting this Beachbabe; I am restarting SW on Monday, but in the back of my mind I'm worried about overeating because I have a huge appetite too. To see that you're succeeding, and managing to get to grips with eating until full and not stuffed, is exactly what I needed to hear.

H x

Thank you for posting this Beachbabe; I am restarting SW on Monday, but in the back of my mind I'm worried about overeating because I have a huge appetite too. To see that you're succeeding, and managing to get to grips with eating until full and not stuffed, is exactly what I needed to hear.

H x

I'm sure you will do great :) Don't get too down if weightloss isn't immediate or comes in huge amounts. It will start to happen!!! I'm here for a chat anytime you like :-D x

I don't know what's wrong with me when it came to joining on Thursday I bottled out of it I always revert back to ww I not sure why

I don't know what's wrong with me when it came to joining on Thursday I bottled out of it I always revert back to ww I not sure why

My daughter does ww and it's interesting to see how our meals compare.I think she likes the convenience of the ready meals but I prefer to cook from scratch. I guess it's down to the individual at the end of the day.

I'm sure you will do great :) Don't get too down if weightloss isn't immediate or comes in huge amounts. It will start to happen!!! I'm here for a chat anytime you like :-D x

Thank you so much! I think the support from the lovely people on here will make all the difference to me on the plan .....I'm feeling so positive it's amazing! :bliss:

H xx

Ive done both plans - I did WW on and off for years. I turned to SW because I hated having to point everything I was eating and never feeling full. The ready meals seemed to have no taste and I began to feel restricted. I think they have changed the plan about 3 times since I last did it.

I now do SW successfully and whilst its taken just over 2 years to lose over 3 stone I feel Ive done it the healthier way, by cooking meals from scratch with fresh ingredients and feeling fuller for longer.

All plans work if you stick to them its just down to whatever suits the individual x

I started SW 3 years ago and I have lost 7stone! I have maintained for almost 1 year.
I cook all our meals and write SW recipes, adapting "normal" ones. I do cheat and have a "treat" from time to time and you can, you just adjust what you have other days to make up for it...
All my recipes can be found by following the link below.
Pete

i found WW to complicated and restricting. i like that on slimming world i can eat almost any thing as there is always a recipe that make it SW freindly.

I have tried WW, Cambridge and SW. And no doubt about it I am a lot less hungry on SW which is why I am giving it another go.

Slimming world Vs Weightwatchers

Hi Everyone,

I am starting to diet again following the birth of my baby. I was a slimming world fan but have seen that weightwatchers have changed their diet to a similar diet as Slimming world except you are able to eat their wraps, petit pans, bread, crumpets and warburton thins without counting. I have been away from Slimming world for a few years, does anyone know if they have updated their diet before i sign up to ww as i like the idea of the breads.... Many thanks!
Adrienne

No, bread is still limited on SW to HE. It's a bit swings and roundabouts really with WW's Simply Filling plan and SW. If I remember correctly you can only have wholemeal pasta and brown rice of SF - and I think it's limited...not too sure if I'm remembering that correctly though!

Back