Slimming world vegetarian

positively_purple

So I've rejoined AGAIN. Lol this time it is different though. I've a whole new mindset and it's working so far. Here's the thing though, I'm vegetarian now months and I'll never go back I don't think but I am struggling planning meals. Can anyone help with ideas please? Nothihg fancy just every day quick and easy please x

Hey check out slimming world website as at the moment they have vegetarian week with recipes an I love Pinterest just wear slimming world vegetarian meals

Hiya
I started SW doing a mix of Green and EE- I do eat meat, more often than not now, but still like to throw a Green in every now and again.
It's the same as SW for meat eaters really- just replace the meat with Quorn or vegetable alternatives.
If you eat no meat or fish at all you can have 2 HexA's (milk/cheese portion) and 2 HexB's (bread/cereal portion) each day.
Some breakfast ideas: Poached eggs and tomatoes on toast, porridge with fruit, cereal/fruit, mixed veg omlette, Quorn English breakfast.
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans/cheese/vegetarian chilli/cottage cheese, SW quiche and salad, cheese & pickle sandwich/Quorn sandwich/cucumber & Philly sandwich
Tea: Quorn/Lentil lasagne, chilli, bolognaise, cottage pie, Quorn steaks with veg/salad and new potatoes, Meat free burgers (quorn/mixed bean), macaroni cheese, cauliflower cheese & SW wedges, mixed vegetable curry, stir fry...

I could go on, but it might be better if you tell me the kind of meals you like that are already vegetarian, or the meals you liked when you ate meat, so I can tailor it a bit better!
Check out the recipe thread too- there's some veggie stuff, ideas for breakfast/lunch/dinner and 'Delicious Meals with Minimum Ingredients' is ace!

I have recently gotten into sausage and bean casserole/stew (if I can't be bothered to pop it in the oven!) I use the 1syn quorn sausages but I think you can get syn free ones. I fry off half an onion, add the sausages and some garlic then stir in a small tin of butter beans a tin of Heinz 5 beans and a tin of tomatoes and a stock cube. I season with crushed chillies, smoked paprika, sage, salt and pepper yummy on its own or with a jacket potato!

I also love anything that involves egg! Just now I fried off some onions then added chopped courgette and aubergine with oregano (basil and za'atar work great too!) once the veg was soft I put in some cherry tomatoes and started poaching an egg. Once the egg was done I chucked it all in a bowl with a sprinkle of salt. I loved it!!

Hello!
I'm not veggie, but I do limit the amount of meat I eat. I even go vegan sometimes...
My current favourite is anything with beans. I did low carb for such a long time that being able to eat beans again is heaven (despite my tummy reacting in a predictably unpleasant way).
I love Jack Monroe's recipe for Gigantes Plaki. It's so simple and quick and yummy. I make a big batch and eat it through the week for lunches.
https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2013/03/20/gigantes-plaki-17p/
I have adapted that into a mixed bean version and added lots more speed foods - courgette, mushroom, etc. It works well!

Im vegetarian and have been doing sw for 5 months. I use quorn alot!! Love the quornchicken for salads & stir frys. Then i use the mince for shepards pie, spag bol & chilli. I eat alot of beans aswell for bean stews or butter beans in tomato sauce are nice with pasta!! The list could go on! Follow my instagram if you want more ideas @doublechinsandlipstick

Quorn meatballs are FREE!!!!

Im vegetarian and have been doing sw for 5 months. I use quorn alot!! Love the quornchicken for salads & stir frys. Then i use the mince for shepards pie, spag bol & chilli. I eat alot of beans aswell for bean stews or butter beans in tomato sauce are nice with pasta!! The list could go on! Follow my instagram if you want more ideas @doublechinsandlipstick

Quorn meatballs are FREE!!!!

Just followed you. I'm vegan but you've lots of nice ideas in there :D

Following for ideas. Been following plan for 8 days and feel a bit tired of cooking ... think it's why the weight piled on. Hoping to cook some veggie meals for freezer to help once term starts!

Back