Slimming World Vs The Biggest Loser Diet?

Hi all
i need some advice. I really enjoy slimming world but feel i need to be thinking more about my portions sizes and the amount of food i am eating and calories etc. i have never tried any other diets before but been looking into the biggest loser diet which consists of.....

replacing two meals a day with a shake, soup or bar, then you have healthy snacks in between meals and a balanced meal for dinner in the evening.

the biggest loser start pack is £14, i am scared to buy it in case i hate the stuff and reading comments on here people dont seem to like them.
so i was thinking of trying to make a biggest loser, slimming world plan and combine the two diets together.
something like....
a cereal bar and or glass of milk for breakfast
homemade soup for lunch
snacks like fruit/veg in between
and a balanced meal like a roast dinner in the evenings using my healthy extras.

what are your thoughts on it?
i want to try and get a few pounds off for a special occasion so now looking into what i can do. thank you

i dont think i would try that personally as slimming world is mostly about a balanced diet being your new life style sort of a change for life what you have listed you wouldnt be able to keep up long term so is only a quick fix.
i may be wrong its just my opinion.
slimming world is about lots of healthy free foods ie fruits and veg and pasta rice pots and then protien so you are getting a balanced diet and then syns on top for treats to make sure we stay on track and are eating enough.
good luck in your journey hun, no matter which way you choose to do it theres lots of lovely people on here to support you.

personally i am thinking of following slimming world plan and biggest loser xbox kinect game for exercise as i love the show and feel so motivated afterwards

I agree! I think the proof of the pudding is that they don't use the shakes on the actual series itself - only good healthy eating just like SW. Cynical marketing to my mind :mad:

If you're concerned about portion sizes then get yourself a smaller plate. If you enjoy SW I don't think you need to start getting involved with shakes and bars, etc.

If you're concerned about portion sizes then get yourself a smaller plate. If you enjoy SW I don't think you need to start getting involved with shakes and bars, etc.
we actually did this!
our dinner service has huge dinner plates but i love it when i was in asda the other week they have much smaller dinner plates just plain white and you got 4 for £2 now i fill my plate and feel comfortable where as before i was filling it and for some reason i felt i had to clear my plate which was making me stuffed.
I dont understand why but when i am stuffed i reach for really unhealthy desserts like profiterolse chosolate eclairs chocolate anything really now i just stop at comfortable level i am fine with having a yoghurt as a dessert or a sw strawberry mousse ect

I agree karen.hat - one of the first things I did when I started SW was start to use smaller plates as you still feel it's a full plate but you're automatically reducing the amount of food.

We actually talked about this in group last week and had to bring in what our normal size plate would be - mine were huge! I've been using a smaller one ever since and make sure I put on my superfree food first too :)

I love the Biggest Loser show but those meal replacement shakes are such a blatant money making scheme to cash in on the brand! I remember the trainers yelling at contestants last season because they weren't eating enough - once they upped their calories (an continued to exercise) low and behold the following week they had a huge loss :D

yea sounds like a quick fix to me, you'll probably end up very hungary and grumpy and then on the night, you'll be more tempted to over indulge. True about the plates, i've not got a smaller plate, in fact we got some new ones for xmas that are bigger, but i've been putting less on it and everynight without fail my hubby says you've not got much there, he cooked the other night filled my plate high and i ate it all and was stuffed all night....

Some one mentioned on here before, if you are eating 1/3 veg a day (which i struggle with) if you actually calculated your daily calories you'd probably be surprised how little you consumed. Oh and I wonder how much cr*p is in those shakes, one good thing for SW is it teaches you to eat a well balanced diet.

I like the the biggest loser show as well and they do have good tips on there but i always think to myself are they going to keep the weight off when they get home don't think they are going to be able to stick to the shakes and soups when they have day to day lives to live at lest with slimming world it a food regime that you can keep to it within your day to day lives for ever really x

I havent tried the biggest loser shakes but have tried lipotrim where u replace all your meals with shakes and yes u do loose weight really fast ... I lost 3 1/3 stones in 9 weeks but when its time to come back to eating food, the weight just goes straight back on again ... well it did for me anyway and for 2 of my friends as well even though u can only eat grilled chicken breasts for the first week or so .... I personally wouldnt recommend shakes to anyone ... I was pleased with the weight loss but i felt really ill, i was pale and cold all the time and people thought I was sick.

Whereas with slimming world, its teaching u healthy eating which is easy to maintain once u have lost as much as u want ... I think its brilliant and sorry i didnt try it years ago but hey ho thats just me !!!

Goodluck with whatever u decide xxxxx

I did Lipotrim too but haven't put any of the weight I lost doing that back on but I REALLY REALLY don't want to go back there.
The second you are limited to 'only this shake' or whatever you just start to crave what you can't have really badly.

The smaller plate idea is without a doubt the best portion control advice. I have also jumped on the smaller plate wagon and you really don't notice you are eating less. I also have at least 1 pint of sf squash with my meals and it really helps!

I like the the biggest loser show as well and they do have good tips on there but i always think to myself are they going to keep the weight off when they get home don't think they are going to be able to stick to the shakes and soups when they have day to day lives to live at lest with slimming world it a food regime that you can keep to it within your day to day lives for ever really x

The contestants on BL dont use the BL shakes and bars though. They use a combination of healthy eating and exercise. :confused:

Back