Slimming world while pregnant

Im not sure about the diet when being pregnant, I know its the only one the midwives advise but having not been pregnant myself I cannot say.

I just wanted to come on and say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! x x x xx

I may be wrong, but im sure that its subject to monthly check ups with your gp and your gp has to confirm that it is safe for you to do so, and i think its worked on more HE's and having like full fat yogs instead of low fat etc..

xxxx Congratulations sweetie! x

You need to get some sort of note from your midwife i think. I had planned to do sw whilst pregnant however my sausage supper craving wouldn't let me xx

Congrats. My wife has be doing slimming world while pregnant. It has been difficult at times but she has done so well. She has 3 weeks of pregnancy left and based upon what the midwife has said and her weight she has put on very little body fat. It's worth a try!

congratulations on your pregnancy a friend who does slimming world and she hasnt gainned any baby weight well she has actualy lost nearly 2 stone her sister done the same. good luck in watever you decide to do. hope the info helps. xxx

just wanted to say good luck with the pregnancy and your sw journey! x

ohh and THANK YOU for the picture of danny dyer truly yummy anyone know the syn value?? He he lol!

Hi - I am new to the site and joined SW 4 weeks ago - 4th WI tonight....

A week after joining SW i found out i was pregnant. I really want to carry on attending and following the plan as I know its much healthier for me. I also know that at some point I wont be loosing weight!

I collected the form and letter for the midwife from my consultant. The midwife was very very reluctant to sign the form and not keen on me attending, lecturing me about weight gain in pregnancy!!!

She is letting me carry on for a few more weeks and then doesnt want me to. Im really unhappy about this as I know the sw plan is healthy and sensible.

Thankis everyone.

Twinkle thats a shame. Can i ask how much weight u have to lose? Asking my mw is the hard part as i mentioned weight loss to my gp and he told me to forget it just now. Yet i was 8 stone over weight then? managed to get a stone off myself since then. But just need the help

I stayed on SW diet plan when I fell preggie with my youngest. I found some weeks I lost and most I stayed the same with an occasional gain here and there.
I got weighed by my consultant the day before my baby was born and I weighed EXACTLY the same as the week I fell preggie - I was delighted. The next day I had a healthy 7lb 13oz bouncing baby boy and the next week I attended SW I GAINED 1 lb !!!!!! I was gutted BUT the following week I had LOST 1 STONE 4 lbs !!!!!!! Shame I couldn't have S.O.W as gained the week before but with a loss like that - KEEP the S.O.W - LOL !!!

Congrats re. your pregnancy

Jill

a big congrats and if i ever had another baby which i wont lol id stay on plan cause i just ate that much crap when i was pregant both times

Thankis everyone.

Twinkle thats a shame. Can i ask how much weight u have to lose? Asking my mw is the hard part as i mentioned weight loss to my gp and he told me to forget it just now. Yet i was 8 stone over weight then? managed to get a stone off myself since then. But just need the help

Well in an ideal world id like to loose 2 stone... eventually though. Im not in a huge rush to now! But surely even loosing half a stone before I start to 'grow' would be healthier for me and baby in the long run. Particularly as I have a family history of diabetes, so overweight and pregnant isnt great. I thought my midwife would be pleased that im trying to be healthly!

I lost another 2lbs at WI tonight - very happy, got my 1/2 stone award!! yay :)

Well in an ideal world id like to loose 2 stone... eventually though. Im not in a huge rush to now! But surely even loosing half a stone before I start to 'grow' would be healthier for me and baby in the long run. Particularly as I have a family history of diabetes, so overweight and pregnant isnt great. I thought my midwife would be pleased that im trying to be healthly!

I lost another 2lbs at WI tonight - very happy, got my 1/2 stone award!! yay :)

If I were you I'd take some food diary's that you've written down and show her what it is you're eating. Show her that it isn't a diet it's eating healthily. I suggest showing her the food diaries because she won't believe that we eat healthily until she see's what you actually eat. lot's of fresh fruit and veg with lean meat (I assume your not a veggie) and full fat milk, yoghurt's etc. I think you're supposed to have an extra A and B box when you're pregnant too.

I think you have extra HEx's and SW is approved to follow when you're pregnant (i believe it's the only plan that is). If your midwife lets you go for now you'll have all the stuff you need so you could follow the plan at home, and weigh in at home each week and post here for support etc. they may be concerned you're going to lose too much weight and not get enough nutrition whilst pregnant, even staying the same would be fine, and help when you have the baby. I started SW when my little one was 6 weeks old (and i'd already lost my "baby weight") and found it really helped me shift the non-baby weight i carried before. Good luck :)

Good ideas - thanks for those.

I am a veggie so always stick to green and no fish either as the thought of it make sme feel sick at the moment!

My consultant said that there are no extra HEX's when pregnant, you only get those when breastfeeding.

I wont see the midwife for another 4 weeks and hopefully by that stage i'll have lost a little bit more and be abit happier with my weight and of course healthier.

I'll definately be back at group after I have had the baby. Apparantly if you go back before your baby is 10 weeks old you rejoin free!!

Thats great twinkle u keep it up. as i agree its better off for u and the baby. im off to class tonite!!

Back