Slimming world without group

Hi Bert thank you so much for taking the time to answer this I’m feeling a bit lost at times as although I did go to a slimming work group a year ago I struggle sometimes with Syns, Healthy extras and portion sizes, I know the basic concept of sw and free foods and speed foods and so far have lost 3.2 kg in just over two weeks. It will be interesting to see my weight this week as I’ve started back at gym and swimming plus some exercise classes so will see how that affects the scales. I will install the app and try to ensure I do the 10k steps today, I do struggle with the lots of water and am trying to drink more when I can. That’s such an achievement for you to do alone you must be proud I know I would be. Can I ask did you still drink alcohol on the plan, I do like my red wine and usually save my Syns so I can have some in an evening, also did you measure your milk out or just cut down. And also are you still following the slimming world plan or eat normally now and if so have you gained any weight? I was thinking of joining an online group as then I can access the slimming world app as not sure how to work out Syns otherwise, I decided not to join a group as I work away a lot and can’t go to the same group each week. Thanks again for the info x
Thanks again for the info x
Hi Maddie
Well done Bert

Hi

I’m not a member and have also been going in alone since January.
You can have 2 HEX-A and 1 HEX-B
It’s still 15 syns a day
Some previously free items now have syns. For example flavoured fat free yogurts. Most seem to be 1/2 syn
Well done for the loss. It’s a great start for you
Thank you! Happy to hear we can now have x2 HEA. And 15 syns still. I’ve really stuck to it and tried super hard. It’s difficult because I can’t go out at all as we are shielding our son. I’ve been doing work outs at home to try and boost it, I’ve also done a couple of speed soups. I find that you run out of ideas, but I’ve just joined on here and found it’s really helpful.
thank you again for the confirmation 🙏

Thank you! Happy to hear we can now have x2 HEA. And 15 syns still. I’ve really stuck to it and tried super hard. It’s difficult because I can’t go out at all as we are shielding our son. I’ve been doing work outs at home to try and boost it, I’ve also done a couple of speed soups. I find that you run out of ideas, but I’ve just joined on here and found it’s really helpful.
thank you again for the confirmation 🙏
It is hard isn’t it. My partner is on the vulnerable list as his immune system is suppressed, so we can’t go out either. There’s a lot of support on here and remember not to be too hard on yourself - these are extraordinary times we are living through. I am having to be really flexible and haven’t always been able to fully food optimise. For example it’s hard at the moment getting enough speed depending when I can get deliveries. I’m doing the best I can in the circumstances and any loss will do :)

It is hard isn’t it. My partner is on the vulnerable list as his immune system is suppressed, so we can’t go out either. There’s a lot of support on here and remember not to be too hard on yourself - these are extraordinary times we are living through. I am having to be really flexible and haven’t always been able to fully food optimise. For example it’s hard at the moment getting enough speed depending when I can get deliveries. I’m doing the best I can in the circumstances and any loss will do :)
Yeah it really is but I find I’m able to stick to it more as all the things that tempted me before, like going out for meals etc we can’t do anymore. Even though hubby and the kids still have all those nice things lol. But I haven’t caved yet. I will allow myself a treat once in a while. Are you also finding that you don’t Always get what you order with your shopping so have to change things etc. I hope you and your partner stay safe and stay sane too! Sounds like your doing really well too! thank you for the support ☺

Yes I am finding that. At the start it was difficult getting orders as it took time for Tesco to get info through on vulnerable customers so we were going two weeks between deliveries, which was a challenge. Fortunately as I started my journey in January I had been batch cooking and had quite a few meals in the freezer. It was fresh fruit and vegetables which was a struggle. I always plan all our food and then replan when the order comes! Got an order yesterday to see us through the next 10 days - quite a few substitutions, a couple of items they couldn’t deliver and some with shorter best before dates than expected, so I’ve spent this morning rejigging everything. I don’t mind in some ways as it gives me something to do!! I like being organised too. It helps me focus.
I agree that being home in some ways helps - no meals out or going for a coffee and ending up with cake as well 😂😂
My partner had pneumonia in Jan / Feb so we really haven’t been out much or seen family since over Christmas and New Year. I’m hoping when we do get out of this (end of June for us at the earliest) that people will notice a difference in how I look.
We are staying safe. Some days I struggle, but feeling positive today.
Best wishes to you

Last edited:
Yeah it really is but I find I’m able to stick to it more as all the things that tempted me before, like going out for meals etc we can’t do anymore. Even though hubby and the kids still have all those nice things lol. But I haven’t caved yet. I will allow myself a treat once in a while. Are you also finding that you don’t Always get what you order with your shopping so have to change things etc. I hope you and your partner stay safe and stay sane too! Sounds like your doing really well too! thank you for the support ☺
I'm finding it easier to stick to without meals out etc too.

Yes I am finding that. At the start it was difficult getting orders as it took time for Tesco to get info through on vulnerable customers so we were going two weeks between deliveries, which was a challenge. Fortunately as I started my journey in January I had been batch cooking and had quite a few meals in the freezer. It was fresh fruit and vegetables which was a struggle. I always plan all our food and then replan when the order comes! Got an order yesterday to see us through the next 10 days - quite a few substitutions, a couple of items they couldn’t deliver and some with shorter best before dates than expected, so I’ve spent this morning rejigging everything. I don’t mind in some ways as it gives me something to do!! I like being organised too. It helps me focus.
I agree that being home in some ways helps - no meals out or going for a coffee and ending up with cake as well 😂😂
My partner had pneumonia in Jan / Feb so we really haven’t been out much or seen family since over Christmas and New Year. I’m hoping when we do get out of this (end of June for us at the earliest) that people will notice a difference in how I look.
We are staying safe. Some days I struggle, but feeling positive today.
Best wishes to you
😂 yeah the coffee and a cake or a breakfast in the cafe was my downfall. I had my delivery this morning and luckily didn’t have much subs at all, got loads of fresh fruit and veg and some stuff to make the slimming world hummus, which I’m really looking forward too! Going to batch cook some meals tonight too, it’s only lunches that I struggle with. So I cook Whatever slimming world meals I can and freeze them. I love the dirty rice! Probably my favourite actually.
stay positive and safe!
take care and good luck on the rest of your journey, I’m sure you will smash it! 🙂

Back