slimming world

Hi Im new here, i have been doing weight watchers for a long time, ive lost lots of weight at it, 4.5 st to get married , 4stone after twins and most recently 3 stone after third baby. I am gold member and get it free. I would like to lose a stone I know how to do weight watchers but am now bored with it so am considering joining slimming world there is a class near me in the morning and i have magazine cut out to join free. has anyone tried both, would this be a good idea, im hoping the freshness of it will be motivating!!!!

I think slimming world is better.

I agreed with Zilla - Slimming world is definitely better - give it a go!

I've done both, WW many times! Always lost lots and put it back on again! On WW once you've eaten your points your stuck and have to go hungry! And I just used all my points on not so healthy stuff! You Even have to point fruit! (madness)! On SW you never have to be hungry cause you just fill up on all the free foods (of which there are loads!) and it's easy having a social life as you just make choices that include free food then you syn anything that's not on the free list.
On WW is lose half-2lb a week on SW I'm losing 2-4 a week and eating so much wonderful food! I'll never go back to WW! :)

I have done both and SW is so much better. Loads of free food to have if you are hungry and an eating plan you can stick to for life as it is so fexible.

Iv done both and always said id never do SW, but it got to the stage on WW that I was just so godamn hungry. Id try to even my points through-out the day but some days your just more hungry than others and theres no leway in this with your points. Its when im hungry that I bing eat on crap, with SW theres no need for this as you just eat when your hungry till your full

I've tried both and WW all the way for me. I loved how flexible it is, eating out was never a problem, and I can say hand on heart I was never hungry. But if you use your points wisely there's no reason to be hungry and you can fill up on free food. With SW I was miserable and my losses were rubbish by comparison

For every person who loves SW there'll be one who loves WW. Realistically no one here is going to advise you stick with WW

The best thing to do is try SW for say a month. See how your losses are and how you feel. You might decide SW is or you or you might realise that actually you much prefer WW. It's purely down to personal choice :)

I was in the same situation and i wave the flags for both eating plans :eek:)

I have lost twice with WW and i am currently a gold member with them.

Back in 2009/2010 i followed SW when i was pregnant and fell in love with the eating plan, yet after the birth of my daughter I found WW was 'easier' to follow and lose on, one reason was having the accessibility of convenience foods. I missed SW but just used WW to knock off the pounds.

I came back to SW once I reached my goal as things had settled down with my baby girl and i missed SW. I've since decided to lose another 7lbs and this time I've decided I'm gonna lose it with SW as I'm fed up of weighing and counting every mouthful I eat.

In two weeks I've lost 4lbs and enjoying the relaxed approach to eating.

It's completely down to you and your lifestyle on which plan you want to follow. Both plans are wonderful its just down to which one suits your life.

You're going to get very biast reviews on here!

I've tried both, WW absolutely didn't work for me, I stuck to it but couldn't lose more than 7lbs. I love the variety of SW & having lots of free foods & not having to count everything I eat. Give it a try, but it sounds like WW has really worked for you so you may end up going back to it!

I have lost weight with both WW and SW. For me, I prefer SW by miles - I found the constant need to point everything I ate on WW got very irritating, and it made me more obsessed with dieting and food than was healthy for me. SW is much better for my mental health and suits my lifestyle better. I feel optimistic that this time I'll be able to reach my target - and keep the weight off long term, as I can see myself following SW without much effort once I'm in maintainance. I'd say give it a go - if it doesn't suit you, you can always go back to WW :)

I did WW and yes i did Loose weight - but its harder to stick to it and i hate how they always try and get you to buy the ready meals.

Its all about fresh homemade food with SW and you dont have to count every single thing. So many free foods! xx

I've tried both and SW is, in my opinion, better and fits in better with a social life. I stuck to WW like glue for a few weeks and lost only a few pounds, whereas in the same time with SW i'm 8.5lbs down, so about double the weight loss.

I did WW and yes i did Loose weight - but its harder to stick to it and i hate how they always try and get you to buy the ready meals.

Its all about fresh homemade food with SW and you dont have to count every single thing. So many free foods! xx

WW is all about home made meals too. Thats what they encourage, not ready meals. The ready meals are there for convenience but theyre not what the plan is based round.

WW actively encourages cooking from scratch same as SW. Any time Ive been to classes the leader has discouraged us from ready meals totally

I've done WW in the past, i even worked in the meetings weighing and in the shop. l liked it at first but I never lost much weight. I then joined SW and I must say its so much easier for. I love the fact I don't have to go hungry and can eat till I'm full. I love the awards they give you it's so much more motivational than a silver seven. I also love the fact SW is cheaper :D more money for me to spend on shopping! it's great not having to track and weigh everything I eat. Dont think I'll ever go back to WW now

xxx

Basically both plans will work if you follow them. The only way to find out which one is for you is to try it, if you're bored with WW then maybe do give SW a go.

SW suits some people more than WW and WW suits some people more than SW. It's all down to personal preference.

I do love SW but I will say that I think WW is more flexible in regards to eating whatever you want. Yes I know people say you can eat whatever you want on SW but if you want e.g. a bagel - that's nearly all of your syns gone for the day, so I personally wouldn't eat something like that as I need to spread my syns out over the day.

It's a bit of trial and error really. You know WW works for you but the new challenge of SW might be beneficial. Or it might not - give it a go and find out! x

I've done both, so I will try to be unbiased!

I did WW on and off for years, and always found it OK. Since they changed to the Pro-points thing, I found I was always hungry - hence why I swapped to Slimming World, despite always saying it wouldn't suit me!

I averaged a 1lb weight loss a week on WW, but on Slimming World I average 1.5lb a week. I am also never hungry (although thats not to say I don't get cravings!)

I think there are 2 considerations to make before starting Slimming world - do you eat a lot of bread, and do you like conveinience foods? If the answer to those questions is yess, you may find it hard to adjust. Although you can have a couple of slices of brown bread as a healthy extra on Slimming World, anything over that is really high in syns! Not a problem to me, and I feel less bloated without bread, but some may struggle!

I always relied heavily on packaged foods - jars of sauce, pizza's, chicken in breadcrumbs etc, and these are pretty much out on SW unless you want to use your syns on them. I did find it a struggle to cook so much more from scratch on SW, but it's changed the way I cook now, and has taught me much healthier eating habits.

No diet is perfect (if it were we'd all be size 10's!!) - you just have to find the one that suits you.

Back