Slow cooker dinners

Woofy, try things like chicken breasts wrapped in streaky bacon, tin of chopped toms, some Italian herbs, S&P. Or lamb shanks in red wine, tin of chopped toms, Worcestershire sauce, S&P. Both on low when you go out in the morning and will be perfect when you get back in at night. You just need to do some veg to go with - mmmmm!

Naughty tomato's. ;)

Yeah, but they're just for flavour. I always leave them in the pot and just take the meat out (honest, guv!) :)

LOL

Tinley, ty. Might try the chick wrapped in bacon. I 2 cook with toms and leave them behind......

Woofy C

awww i want a slow cooker now. am going to look for one in tesco tomorrow. i feel left out lol x

just ordered one from amazon :) will come tomorrow!
Jim do you use stock cubes - are they carb free? cant wait to try some recipes :D

Some are some aren't Vicky, the Knor ones I get are OK love.

ooh im all excited now lol x what a life i have x

ooh im all excited now lol x what a life i have x

Somewhere on this board Vicky is a post I made last year... almost identical to yours when I got my slow cooker!!

lol :D ive never cooked or enjoyed cooking so much :D

Hi all,

I bought the half price beef from sainsburys on monday and chooped it up into steaks, but i was a bit tought when grilled. So this morning i popped it in my slow cooker with potatoes (for hubby and son) and added water and cooked it all day. When i got home all i had to do was boil some caulflower and green veggies (oh and my cheese sauce) and in 15 minutes we had a nice dinner. The steak was perfect. I will be doing this again, and again.

That's probably why it was on special offer. LOL Mind you frying it with butter and garlic would have helped that, grilling does make meat tougher.

do you need to add beef stock if cooking the steak like this or just water? slow cooker virgin vicky :D

i got a slow cooker last year. was less than half price in argos :D
was before the start of my atkins! my family got fed up of all the stews and same old stuff i was cooking. so its in the bottom of the cupboard gathering dust!
it is very good for buying the cheapest cuts of meat as the meat is slow cooked and comes out so tender! not so good when u cook spuds and veg!
maybe i will get it back out again

did you add stock or just water?

yeah some are low carb. looked at some i have in cupboard and they were 0.2 made up with 450ml of water :D

I'd add a stock cube Vicky, although are you allowed it on Atkins? I don't think water would give it much flavour?

look above :D

Back