Slow cooker gammon

shelly22

Morning I bought a big gammon joint yesterday but does anyone no if I need 2 add water in my slow cooker? I make my beef joints with nothing added but unsure about gammon due to salt?x

I would but just put less in that if you were puting it in the oven .... There is a nice recipe for diet coke gammon here too ...

I dont put anything in with mine. I rinse it, simmer it in a pan for 15 mins, rinse it again then bung it in on its own on high for about 5 hours (but thats for one of the smaller ones that cost about 4 quid in Tesco). You cant overcook it in the slow cooker anyway so I just keep sticking a fork in it

I put mine in the slow cooker and cover with a bottle of diet cola. Go to work and come home abs it's ready mmmmm really tasty and just shreds apart.

I put mine in the slow cooker and cover with a bottle of diet cola. Go to work and come home abs it's ready mmmmm really tasty and just shreds apart.

Do you just discard the cola or make a sauce out of it? Also, you don't put anyting else in the slow cooker? I really want to try this but so worried I will muck it up!

I discard it afterwards, it looks rank and i bet it would taste worse. I buy cheap diet cola to put in it.I dont add anything else to this way of cooking it, but there are other recipes that you add to cola to make a sticky sauce.
I made sweet and sour pork using diet tango and viniger and pineapple and other things, got the recipe of here and that was nice as well in the slow cooker.

Back