.. SLOW COOKER RECIPES ..

Making slow cooker chilli con carne in the morning for tomoro's dinner... yummmm...

3 servings...
Ingredients:
2 tbsp oil
1 Lge Onion - peeled and chopped
1 Clove Garlic - peeled and crushed
1 Green Pepper - deseeded and chopped
100g Button Mushrooms - sliced
450g Ex Lean Minced Beef
400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
450ml Beef Stock
3tsp Chilli Powder
Salt & Pepper
2Tbsp Tomato Puree
420g Red Kidney Beans - drained & rinsed

Method:
Heat the oil in a saucepan
Add the onion, garlic and green pepper and cook for 2-3mins
Add the mushrooms and minced beef and cook for 3-4 mins (until browned)
Stir in tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
Bring to the boil, then transfer to the slow cooker and cook on high for 5-7 hours.
Stir in the kidney beans 30-45 mins before the end of cooking.
Serve with rice or baked potato

How many propoints was this??

x_Champagne_Supernova_x said:
Oooh it'll be pretty low in points then, cause i use quorn!!

Yea I think the kidney beans are 1 per ptn... N the Quirn will b quite low. Then just yer rice r whatever with it... N it's yum!!

Sounds lovely but I don't like chilli :(

Ruth
X

I'm addicted!! The Chicken Stew looks lovely too tho..

Yea I think the kidney beans are 1 per ptn... N the Quirn will b quite low. Then just yer rice r whatever with it... N it's yum!!

I know what I'm making for dinner next!! :)

Made the chili tonight, again a hit with all 3 boys in my life. Hubby absolutely loved it! Can't wait to taste it myself

Well, since everyone is LOVIN their slow cookers, i thought it be good for everyone to share slow cooker recipes so we can all make yummy pointable foods ... Remember, you dont have to stick completely to the recipes, the advantage of slow cookers is you can add to the recipe or take foods away ..

I have a couple of faves ....... (my slow cooker is 3litres)

Chicken stew

Can use Chicken drumsticks or readily chopped chicken
2 carrots sliced
1 onion chopped up finely
200g baby new potatoes
2 chicken oxo cubes
100mls of vegetable stock

Throw it all into the slow cooker (this is the beauty of it) for settings, you can stick it on high for 6-8 hours or low for 10-12 hours (this option is better for if your at work all day) then when your happy with your stew take off the meat from the drumsticks (it should practically fall off the bone) and add in 1 tbsp flour to thicken the stew ... VOILA .. tea ready and youve only been in the house half an hour

You only need to point your chicken, potatoes and stock once you've divided your portions

This would be 4 pro points a portion if sharing between 3 and using approx 400g raw chicken breast

Might make this tomorrow without potato's and use Big Als sweet chili chicken - not sure if you'd be able to taste the chicken tho...?

Hi, complete slow cooker novice here so i'm sorry if this is a silly question but....I have the chicken stew raved about here in the slow cooker at the moment...and i'm here in work worying about having only put 100mls of water in.....is that right? posts in the thread mention forgetting to add the flour and the sauce being too watery...is this just the 100mls plus the juice from the chicken.
should i rush home at lunchtime to try and prevent another kitchen disaster!!
thanks for your help.

woodsette said:
Hi, complete slow cooker novice here so i'm sorry if this is a silly question but....I have the chicken stew raved about here in the slow cooker at the moment...and i'm here in work worying about having only put 100mls of water in.....is that right? posts in the thread mention forgetting to add the flour and the sauce being too watery...is this just the 100mls plus the juice from the chicken.
should i rush home at lunchtime to try and prevent another kitchen disaster!!
thanks for your help.

Sorry about the delay.... Shud hav been fine tho... Hope it was nice :)

I've a question (as usual!!). Gonna make the stew tomorrow since i have all the ingredients! Would i need to brown the raw chicken first or will it be fine in the slow cooker?

Ive always cooked it from raw in the slow cooker but alot of ppl brown it first ...... Totally up to you ... Either will be fine xxxxxxx

hi, I was worrying for nothing....it was delish. The moisture from the cooking process built up to a lovely sauce....I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and they turned out really moist. It was so nice I went back for seconds and that was supposed to be my lunch. will deffo make it again. Unfortunately OH wasn't a fan( I think he has a mental block on "stews"), so have any of you frozen portions of this?
btw thanks for posting...great recipe and great thread. Going to try something else from on here soon.

Am not sure sweet chilli chicken will work?? As its in stock surely it would wash off??? (could be wrong...)
Flour goes in last just to thicken it.. But can be left out.. Just means its more stock than soup... Still nice tho :)

Am not sure sweet chilli chicken will work?? As its in stock surely it would wash off??? (could be wrong...)
Flour goes in last just to thicken it.. But can be left out.. Just means its more stock than soup... Still nice tho :)

Yeah might not taste the chili but it smells nice so far! Thanks for the help!! Waiting another few hours to have it tho'. (OH accidentaly plugged it out 2 hours into cooking!!)

Yeah might not taste the chili but it smells nice so far! Thanks for the help!! Waiting another few hours to have it tho'. (OH accidentaly plugged it out 2 hours into cooking!!)

Let's kno how it goes :)

Back