.. SLOW COOKER RECIPES ..

Hi, where will I find the spicy chipotle shredded chicken recipe? Sounds delicious.

its literally chicken breasts, chipotle paste (get in tesco) tin of chopped tomatoes or passata which ever u have, onions peppers and what ever veg you think would be nice. lash it all in the slow cooker or crock pot and cook till the chicken is cooked. take the chicken out and shred with a fork and mix it back in.... i have made this a few times and each time i add random stuff from my cupboard like garlic powder or tabasco... and every time its just yummy!! i am addicted to mexican food though... also check out Skinnytaste she has some amazing recipes

I haven't been on minimins in a very very long time, came back to find this thread as OHs new job finally allows me to dig my slow cooker out :) (he was home too late would have had to cook for about 15 hours lol).
Definitely going to try some of these once he starts so thank you all.

This time of year I love doing bolognese in the slow cooker:

500g pack of extra lean minced beef
1 onion finely chopped
250g mushrooms finely chopped
1-2 peppers finely chopped
1 carrot grated
1 carton passata
2 garlic cloves
mixed herbs
1 Knorr stock pot - rich beef
Couple of dashes Worcestershire sauce
little bit of chilli powder

put it all in the slow cooker and leave it on low for at least 6-8 hours. It makes loads (I put in so much veg because I follow SW). I'm normally a greedy guts and have this as 4 portions, but realisitically you could make 5-6 portions out of it with all that veg. I also prefer passata rather than a tin of tomatoes because it makes it a bit smoother and thicker.

This time of year I love doing bolognese in the slow cooker:

500g pack of extra lean minced beef
1 onion finely chopped
250g mushrooms finely chopped
1-2 peppers finely chopped
1 carrot grated
1 carton passata
2 garlic cloves
mixed herbs
1 Knorr stock pot - rich beef
Couple of dashes Worcestershire sauce
little bit of chilli powder

put it all in the slow cooker and leave it on low for at least 6-8 hours. It makes loads (I put in so much veg because I follow SW). I'm normally a greedy guts and have this as 4 portions, but realisitically you could make 5-6 portions out of it with all that veg. I also prefer passata rather than a tin of tomatoes because it makes it a bit smoother and thicker.

Do you brown the mince first or just bung it in?? That's the only thing puts me off doing a bolognese before heading off to work.. Having to brown the meat

Nope I don't brown the meat first, literally bung it all in (you can use frozen diced peppers and onions like I do) give it a good stir then off you go.

Nope I don't brown the meat first, literally bung it all in (you can use frozen diced peppers and onions like I do) give it a good stir then off you go.
Great.. Thanks for the tip.. Really nice to come home to a nice cooked dinner after a long day at work.. Especially now the evenings are getting dark n grey..

Exactly, so many of us work full time and have busy lives the slow cooker is a must have appliance in my opinion. I love cooking but have limited time so like to make things in minimum time, hence the slow cooker and having the frozen diced onions and peppers, and those steam bags of vegetables just saves a wee bit of time whilst helping me stay on track. Ive done roasts in the slow cooker as well, the meat literally falls apart its amazing, I just put 4 balls of foil under the meat some hot water and leave it.

Exactly, so many of us work full time and have busy lives the slow cooker is a must have appliance in my opinion. I love cooking but have limited time so like to make things in minimum time, hence the slow cooker and having the frozen diced onions and peppers, and those steam bags of vegetables just saves a wee bit of time whilst helping me stay on track. Ive done roasts in the slow cooker as well, the meat literally falls apart its amazing, I just put 4 balls of foil under the meat some hot water and leave it.

I've only really done BBQ ribs in it (as far as meats on their own are concerned) and its just amazeballs..
Also a beef casserole using steak pieces is to die for in it..

I want to do a roast chicken in it but haven't got round to it yet.. Have you done that??

You dont need to brown meat before putting it in a slow cooker!

Just remember never use frozen meat- always thaw it completetly first

You dont need to brown meat before putting it in a slow cooker!

Just remember never use frozen meat- always thaw it completetly first
I don't with chicken r anything. Just wondered about mince as its soooo greasy... I usually boil it first, rinse it, then cook with it. Tad aversive about getting all n any fat off ;)
I done a whole chicken in mine last week.Just rubbed some spices into the chicken and sat it on a couple of carrots and a couple of onions.Didn't put any water in there.
Turned out lovely.The meat just fell away from the carcass.:)
Ooh interesting. Thanks :)

i am so very excited to get to argos after work for my first slow cooker :) recipies sound fab, i am just raging i dont have one cooking today lol! cx

I was disappointed by morrisons today - no slow cookers. So I'm determined to get one from Argos on Friday! Which one did you get & what's the capacity???

I went for the 6.5 litre one! It was about £17.49?? I went straight into sainsburys and bought the slow cooker sachets lol brought curry and sausage and bean! Think I will try and get up early get it all prepared and going before work! Cx

Yes do and share the recipes for all us newbie slow cooker lovers!! Lol I bought the 6.5litre one am starting to think should have I got the 3.5litre one?? Lol cx

I cook my Sunday roast in it
3lb eye of round beef
1 onion a couple of carrots and a parsnip
Brown the beef make a trivet in the bottom of SC with veg place beef on top add 1 pint stock dash of Worcester sauce cover and cook on slow for about 8-9 hours
Veg comes out full of flavour as does the meat and you also get a lovely gravy.

Ladies.. Doesn't anyone know if a chicken can be done on its own in the slow cooker???
Am all outta veg and feeling crap so don't really want to venture out of the house (rang in to work sick).. So if I just ball up some tin foil n sit the chicken on that with some stock?? Or just potatoes??

Back