Slowcooker ideas?

Fat&FedUp

Hi Girls,

Does anyone have any ide of what I can cook in the slow cooker on a green day?

Thanks!

You could do a veg soup just pop in some water with a veg stock cube and chop up all your fave veg. when its done you could eat it like that or blits it up with the food blender which is what I normally do.

I like doing a potato and leek soup. Chop up leek and onion and potato I just guess amounts. Stick in veg stock and leave till ready. Scrummy.

Thanks Son,

I think I'll try a soup.

Failing that, I will just chuck in whatever i can find that is free and take pot luck! :D

I often make veg soup with pearl barley!!!!

Used to have a slow cooker but gave it to my mum and dad- don't think mum uses it so may ask for it back.:p
Should look to buy a new one really - would be great for soups and meat free stews etc. Not sure that quorn products would be okay? They may cook too well?
Will look at the Argos site later.
Irene.

Well i gave up on the slow cooker and had quorn sausages, mash and beans!

Hi
Just decided to have quorn sausages, jp and beans. Planned to have the veggie sausage casserole but feeling very lazy tonight as I have done all day - must be the weather.
Have done my recipes for next week though.
Have a nice weekend.
Irene

One I make in the slow cooker.

Pea and ham soup

1 small gammon joint with as little fat on as possible.

2 ham stock cubes

1 large potato

1 large onion

2 pints of water

2 tins of mushy peas

Make the stock up with the water and stock cubes and pour into the slow cooker.

peel and dice the potato and onion and put in the stock.

Cut up the gammon into eatable pieces and add to the stock and mix in the 2 tins of mushy peas.

Leave till ready and serve.

I have not really worked out syns for this but you would count the stock cubes as syns and if you had it on a red day you would have to count the mushy peas and potato as either a healthy extra or syns. If you had it on a green day you would just syn the stock cubes and use the gammon as a healthy extra.

Back