small losses - why do i only 3lbs a week????

cambridge*diet*08

Silver Member
how come so many people have big losses like 5/6lbs a week????

whats your secret?

It might be because you don't have a lot of weight left to lose??

i know i have had some big losses but this week looks like 3lbs loss, same as last week....

oh well as long as it comes off i guess!

Hi,

I had 4 stone to loose and my loses have been between 3 and 5lbs every week, I expect 3lb and then when I loose 4 or 5lbs then its a boost.

All people are different but I think the more you have to loose the more lbs you will loose at the begining at least.

Better than being on WW or SW when you are 'slimmer of the week' after loosing a pound!!

Pies

I think your losses are great - going off your figures you lost two stone in 4 weeks :wow: that's fantastic :D

Better than being on WW or SW when you are 'slimmer of the week' after loosing a pound!!

Thats so funny nomorepies!!!

thanks wiggly, just worried my losses are gonna grind to a halt...
but i shall keep on going x

thanks wiggly, just worried my losses are gonna grind to a halt...
but i shall keep on going x

I don't think they'll do that :)
I was disappointed with my 2lb last week but the week before I had lost 5.5lb. A stone a month is the average so - 3.5lb per week approx. I'm hoping for more than 2lb this week but don't know how being poorly affects the diet.

You're disappointed with a consistant 3lb per week?? :eek:

thanks wiggly, again making it seem more reasonable... 3.5 lbs a week = 1 stone a month!

russiandoll, i am not being 'ungrateful' lol for my 3lbs a week, just wondering how others manage a whopping 6lbs a week... oh and what a beautiful grandson!!!

i will now be much happier with a 3lb loss (knowing that it makes 12lbs a month, nearly a stone woo woo)

TY CD 08 ... he's absolutely adorable.

Seeing the bigger picture (ie the ACCUMULATED loss) makes things a lot better. If you were gaining it at the rate you're losing it, you wouldn't think it was such a small amount! lol

Incidentally, few people can sustain 5 or 6lb losses per week every week. And those who do are usually MEN (more muscle mass and all that). You're doing great.

Back