SMOKERS

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Rolly82, 23 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Rolly82

Rolly82 not giving up

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.34%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    C'mon own up who is a smoker I'm interested to know anyone care to admit they are?

I am unfortunately and I am trying to kick the filthy habit but one vice at a time. I have however found myself smoking less since I started which is a bit odd as I tend to smoke more on any other diet

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mybodyisacage

mybodyisacage Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13.5lb(19.89%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I am, I find I smoke more, I wish it was less! I also want to quit but no way I can do both! lol like you one thing at a time!

A doctor actually told me losing weight is more important to do first than the quitting smoking, but I am obese and by your stats doubt you are! lol

4. Rolly82

Rolly82 not giving up

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.34%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    whooo hooo very brave to admit thanks for sharing :)

Well I started in the obese BMI and I am now in the overweight category... you got to laugh I am chuffed to be "overweight" lol. Don't reckon my doctor isn't too pleased with that either arr well one day at a time we can do it

Hey don't be so hard on yourself you are doing great... just think it will soon drop off and then we can work on the ciggies... we will have lots more money to spend on slimmer clothes :)

xx

5. Claudia84

Claudia84 Full Member

Me unfortunately, I stopped to have my children then found myself back at the habit when I started cd (either smoke or kill my husband haha) just need to stop before I introduced food as don't want to pile the pounds back on :( xx

6. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    I'm not a smoker - but this made me chuckle!! I said this to my CDC tonight!!! I never thought I'd be so excited to be "overweight"!!!! I've got 11lbs to go - can't wait! :)

7. shini

shini Silver Member

I'm also a smoker... But feeling very pleased as today went to smoking clinic n got sum 24hour patches !!! First day tomorw morning with patches ... Hope n hope it works ... Lol

8. mybodyisacage

mybodyisacage Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13.5lb(19.89%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I cant wait to be overweight!

9. Mishie089

Mishie089 Loves to Post

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.78%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 2
    Me too I am also a smoker and have been since I was 12 :S nasty habit but enjoy it too much have decided will stop when I have children but until then I will continue to enjoy it . I have cut down though from 40 x a day now down to 10 - 15 a day so for me thats a big achievement in itself :)

10. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    several of my friends have recently switched to e-cigs. so they're getting their nicotine fix, but none of the other poisons from smoking - but unlike patches etc, they still feel like they're smoking (and in fact can 'smoke' in pubs etc - as it's just water vapour) might be worth a try?

11. Rolly82

Rolly82 not giving up

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.34%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks Spangle...gonna google that now :)

Thanks ladies for sharing I don't feel alone now in my dirty habit. Lets try and pull our fingers out on this one hey xx

12. zanny

zanny Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(18.79%)
    Diet:
    CD SS+
    *holds hand up* another smoker here, and smoking more on CD than I ever smoked before, but on the bright side... I'm shrinking by the week, so I'll deal with one thing at a time me thinks :D As for being chuffed to be overweight - this had me really giggling... can't wait to be there :D Good luck with it x

13. Maxellap1

Maxellap1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    I am also a smoker but when Im in ketosis they taste disgusting...never finish a whole one. Its good because I smoke less but annoying because I cant enjoy food or my nasty cigerettes x

14. bettiesrevenge

bettiesrevenge Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.29%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I hang my head in shame - I too am a "social" smoker...is'nt it funny the social stigma involved these days? I am a paraiah, the smoker and I do it more on CD, BUT oddly never finish a full one either and I dont smoke in condfined spaces only in the garden or outside work (well obvs)....

15. sinserity01

sinserity01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.25%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm a smoker and find that I'm smoking more since I started the diet !! Think it's to make up having food in my gob hahaha xxx

16. NatashaGabrielle

NatashaGabrielle Full Member

I am NOT a smoker never have been BUT i think your all doing well on CD and when you feel ready to give up i am sure u will :) Good luck xxx

17. egbert

egbert Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I am a smoker - have been since I was 13 apart from giving up the moment I found out I was pregnant until the baby was 9 months old (twice I did this!) BUT I gave up the day I started CD - well, I have had the odd slip up. But I would say that apart from the odd night out, I am almost a non-smoker.

I decided if I was going to go through months of dieting misery, I might as well do the no-smoking at the same time, rather than 4-5 months of no eating followed by months of no smoking. And because I saw results from the dieting it has encouraged me to be healthier all round so the no smoking has been easier too.

Oh - and the turning point for me was when I huffed and puffed into the GP surgery, overweight and mid asthma attack as my bronchitis was flaring - and my 2 year old son had to watch me sit on a ventilator for 30 minutes. Cue health kick! :(

18. bettiesrevenge

bettiesrevenge Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.29%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I gave up during pregnancy twice, thats what we call in the treatment world as and external locus of controll, but when the baby pops out and the breastfeeding was over...away I went to fetch my marlbro lights!

19. Rolly82

Rolly82 not giving up

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.34%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh ladies, what are we like?

Well I know I shouldn't admit it but and it is a naughty thing but it's nice to know I am not alone. Smoking really does make you a social outcast these days and rightly so I suppose but like I said one vice at a time and food is my nemesis at the moment

x

20. Bubble&Squeak

Bubble&Squeak Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge plan
    I seem to smoke less, probably because of the lack of red wine!! :)Would love to totally give up though

21. Rolly82

Rolly82 not giving up

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.34%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Red wine .............oh how I miss you sooooooooo much ;-( x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.