Snacks/free foods

linzi_lou

Hi, just wondering if it's ok to snack on free foods. Like I've fin work I had my tea at work but was hungry wen I got in so had some syn free chips and beans. I didn't no if it's ok cus it's like another meal? Wen they say you can have as much free food as you want, does it mean just at meal times? Cause surely you can't just keep eating. These free foods still have calories? I think I could have had bigger portions today but I've not pilled it on, I'm worried I won't lose weight. Can't really get my head around how it can work!

Today I've had-

1 slice toast an a banana, clementine, Starwberrys later

Jacket, cheese an beans, bit mayo, peppers onion toms

Starwberrys, clem, half banana fruit salad

Pasta chic, sweetcorn, peppers onion toms, bit mayo, then another clementine

Got in had syn free chips an half tin beans, 1/2 price bread cus only used some of the allowence for healthy b on bread earlier in day (toast)

Glass wine

Used my healthy extras on milk an bread, used 12.5 syns so far

How does it look? I have felt hungry at times mainly in the morning, an I'm
Ready for my meals, hungry after work. Maybe I could make my meals bigger if it's allowed.
But my main question is can we snack on any free food an how much an can you still lose weight doing it?

Thanks if anyone can get to the end and answer me!

If you are genuinely hungry then eat something. On EE they recommend choosing superfree foods as your first choice of snacks but the occasional free food snack won't do you any harm. To be honest chips, beans and bread is probably more a meal than a snack so you should really try to have the third superfree with it. Its okay to have several smaller meals as long as you get the superfree in and actually there is evidence that it can improve your losses to eat small and regularly. Or have bigger meals so you don't feel the need to have quite such a large meal later on in the evening.

I take it your bread is wholemeal if you are taking it as your HEB? If your HEA is milk then you need to syn the cheese you had on your potato along with the mayo.and of course the glass of wine.

It looks fine though so don't worry too much :)

An guessing ur doing green rather than Extra Easy. Ur fine to have chips and beans. Ur lunch and dinner weren't huge. If ur doing EE u need mire superfree - a third with each meal. U'd be better off having less chips and beans but inc,salad

Thanks! I'm on ee, I did wonder that the chips were more of a meal, not got much salad stuff left so sol nip shopping after work today. Yeah I did syn my cheese, mayo, butter on toast and wine. I had 50/50 bread but will buy brown today. Still getting used to it and what works, but won't really no till my weigh on Thursday! thanks

What I do, as I'm not keen on raw veg, is when I mke my SW chips I also roast off carrot batons or Celeriac (sprinkled with spicy season all), or green beans, that way I get my SF. Sometimes I just have the veg!

Have a read of the green plan then. As u basically did that. And thy chips and beans are fine on that plan.

Although on green u don't need the 1/3 superfree I think its worth having it as its good habit to get into.

Depending on ur current weight and how much u have to lose u should have all ur syns. They say 5-15. I currently have 15 as breastfeeding but when I started SW with a stone to lose they recommended 10.

If ur doing green u get extra healthy extras (2 a and 2 b). U need to use all of them and ur syns. Yrs, u might get.bigger losses initially if u cut down.but a plan where ur hungry isn't maintainable.

As am.breastfeeding I also get extra healthy extras and.love it. My new fave is chips with half tub of spicy low low which is heA (as it goes on warm chips it melts). I had them as a snack as was starving last week and I still list 5.5lb.

Or I use 6 wholemeal ryvita crackerbread which is heB. 2 hifi light rocky roads (delicious but expensive) are heB as are 2 alpen lights (need tu shop around as they can be expensive). Or I just have 30g cheese with some grapes as a snack. Or use ur milk and have cereal or even a latte (skinny latte I class as a HeA - no way had it got more than 375ml of milk).

I used to do green.days all the time when I first starred abt 10 years ago. I lost a load (probs abt 3 stone) mainly having pasta based dishes and rice.dishes. if.u.read.up.on it.u.get a small amount of meat / fish / prawns.etc as a heB so.would.often.do that. The heB choices are.better for green day as.well includijg nuts). Hope that helps!

My consultant told me that free is free, eat as much as you like all day every day, BUT even with snacks you should have 1.3 superfree. So the chips and beans are fine but you could have had some salad or veg with it, or eat a banana first? I often have free food snacks, in fact i tend to eat little an often so 4-5 meals a day, but always have 1/3 superfree even if i'm just having a snakc like a yoghurt or something xx

Thankyou, I've been shoppin today and my fruit bowle is totally over flowing! Got pineapple oranges kiwi bananas peaches plums Starwberrys! Them a ton of salad stuff an veg aswell :) so think I've got super free coverd the rest of the week! Now just need to come up with some nice meals, had a lovely tuna pasta salad for tea filled out with tons of salad and basil leaves an fat free Helmans viginerette. Thinking of having a treat now with my syns, a glass of some maybe an a choice of mini milky way, couple of choc fingers, cereal bar or a small choc formage frais, descions descions!

Glass of wine that ment! Also my leader said she likes all her new starters to start on ee, so that's what im doing and see how it goes :)

It's going to be too late now but next time do some slimming world wedges (don't bother pealing them) with half tub of low low. Really delicious :)

oh ok, what's low low?

i was going to try the wedges, i picked up some nandos sprinkle for chilps (about £2 from tesco) thought that would be nice. can['t beleive they would be high on sins but here is the info PERi-PERi Chip Sprinkle | Nando

I count the chip sprinkle as free, if you go by the 1 syn per 20 calories rule it's only 4.5 syns a bottle & you don't use that much. Low low is a cheese spread, 1/2 tub is a hex a so I often have a full tub (I do green days) microwaved & poured over my wedges :)

BOBTHEBLOB said:
oh ok, what's low low?

i was going to try the wedges, i picked up some nandos sprinkle for chilps (about £2 from tesco) thought that would be nice. can['t beleive they would be high on sins but here is the info PERi-PERi Chip Sprinkle | Nando

It's a tub of soft cheese. They do 3 flavours, plain, black pepper and red pepper & chilli. I have the last one as has a kick. U get half tub as a HEA and its curreny on coffee at Morrisons for £1. Really nice!

Thanks for the Low Low and wedges idea. I hate cheese but hubby loves it and this would be an exellent saturday night munchie for him!......adds low low to the shopping list ;-)

Back