Snacks ideas

Crunchy

MY downfall is my snacking :-( I do snack on treat size chocolate that is within my Syn range but I am looking for snacks that are filling to eat at 3.30pm and early evening when I feel hungry, I always crave sweet things. Any ideas of what I can have (I am vegetarian)? Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Crunchy said:
MY downfall is my snacking :-( I do snack on treat size chocolate that is within my Syn range but I am looking for snacks that are filling to eat at 3.30pm and early evening when I feel hungry, I always crave sweet things. Any ideas of what I can have (I am vegetarian)? Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Why not have a small on plan meal, rather than looking at snacks? Just a thought

Is there something in particular that happens at 3 30pm? if not could you not have a bigger lunch and then if you do crave something sweet later have a piece of fruit - pineapple or berries or something with some juice in it rather than something dry like an apple. If its not fruit you fancy what about a rocky road hi fi bar.

Have you tried the Benefit Bars that you can get in Aldi. The orange and choclate ones are nice. They have 70 cals - 3 and half syns and have 6 g of fiber and are sold in boxs of 6. Aldi do other low cal biscuts like the special K one but I have not tried them yet.

I eat free yogurt and fruit if I'm peckish in the afternooon. I often save healthy extras for evening (I do a lot of green days so have 2 hexb most of the days) and syns so a fave is a hifi bar and bag of velvet crunch.

Maybe this doesn't belong in thus thread but anyway... Having been craving chocolate for 5 weeks and successfully avoiding it, I finally cracked. I've bought a 5 pack of curly wurlys (full size ones). Have just eaten half of one with my lunch. Now this is a big deal for me because I'm the kind of person who will devour all signs of treats like this within a day, or two days if I'm being good. Im hoping that my short time on SW has taught me some self restraint and to really think before I eat. I hope it goes well and I still have curly wurlys left at the end of the week.

I'm veggie and also have a sweet tooth, I find about 3:30-4pm I usually have an asda pineapple lolly (it's a chunk of fresh pineapple cut in a strip- 5 for £1.50) and that helps satisfy the craving. I do recommend the rocky road hi fi as well- 2 for 1 hxb. Don't get me wrong though, I usually have a curly wurly or a nestle animal bar in the evening from my syns. If you want low syn choc the mini milky bars are 69 calories so 3.5 syns and as it's White choc it's that much sweeter x

Back