So Depressed - please help!

Broxi, just looking at your losses for the past 4 weeks is inspiring! There's no way you won't show a loss this week if you have stuck to SS. Don't compare your scales to your CDC's - hopefully (as mine has), your CDC will have a good pair of accurate digital scales - when I have tried to match them up to mine (a rough old set of bathroom scales), mine are all over the place so it's impossible to gauge a definite loss. Have dig at the back of your wardrobe and find something you haven't worn for a while - try it on and see if it fits better, or is looser, or is getting closer to being worn again, this is a great boost for when the scales don't tell you what you want to hear. I've just found a pair of holiday shorts that I bought in a mad moment and have never worn as they never really fitted - now they are getting closer and WILL be in my holiday case in July :D
XX

ITSO69, I hope I'm not so shallow that my low mood is purely based on the scales but it could be. You see diets always stop working for me even although I stick to them and I'd basically resigned myself to being fat forever until I tried this. I did SW last year and lost the same amount of weight - much slower- but it stopped working after a stone and a half. Maybe I'm just scared of this. But it is also very hard to cope with life without food I think. My TOTM is not due either but low mood is actually overwhelming tonight - thanks for caring though. I'm such a misery tonight I shouldn't even be talking to people! x

Just wanted to say that low mood due to scales is not unusual. This diet is hard at times emotionally and it can really get to you when the scales don't reflect the amount of effort yo feel you've put in? I always find the weeks I have to have my head in the game and remain really really focused are the weeks the scales aren't so great. It makes sense on the surface. Why do a diet if its not working?

But we know thats not the case. We know that CD is an unusual diet that promotes a fast rate of weight loss, and you've lost 20lbs in 4 weeks, thats amazing, but hard on your body, sometimes your body just needs a wee chance to regroup and regather before moving onto its next week of weight loss.

I completely understand about the getting so far and then stopping though, happened to me on every other diet to, problem is every other diet I threw the towel in at the point and did get rather down. Thats why on CD I really needed to get my head in the game for these times, and the scales do move.

If life without food is really getting to you, what about trying a SS+ week just to give yourself a bit of light at the end of the tunnel and let you get your groove back on? I initially didn't wnt to because thought I would slow down my weight loss to a detrimental level, but its not been the case. Its saved my sanity!

Lexie X :hug99:

Hi Broxi,

Cheer up. I know what you mean about low moods I keep experiencing the same. My work colleague made very negative comments to me about the diet yesterday and since then I been quite down. I am trying to let it not to get to me coz I know she just wants me to fail because she tried before and failed. So big hug to you broxi.

Thank you so very much everybody for all the support.

I do still feel bad this morning but think I might try SS+ to see if it keeps me sane! I am usually a happy, positive person but this diet does do your head in!

Lexie Dog, thanks for your help. I think that's exactly how I'm feeling.

I'll give it another few days and see if I feel any better. Meanwhile, I'm gonna do a post about - does CD always work? - cos to be honest I think I am shallow and it is because the scales aren't moving cos diet too hard to do without results!
x

Hi Broxi,
Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and hoping you're hanging in there! You're such an active and positive member of the forum and you deserve every success. I think it's probably true for a lot of people that their weight may stay the same for a couple of days before having a bit of a loss over the next couple of days. It's all very weird but I'm sure it won't mean that you're stuck like in the other diets. I know it's very disheartening when it happens though and I keep trying to convince myself not to jump on the scales every day, but it never works ;)

I've never tried SS+ but my CDC (and many people here) say you can still have good losses on it, so if you feel that's the way you want to go then you should still lose weight. Good luck for your next WI!

Hi everyone, Today has been much better. I was so totally low yesterday and this morning, crying all the time and so flat. I felt dead inside. Anyway, I had a low carb lunch and ate only a little but I think that helped. But the most helpful thing however, has been all you lovely people, caring and supporting me. Thank you so much and I hope if you need me I'll be there for you too xxx

Broxi, I was like you a couple of weeks ago. I just could not stop crying. I have spent most of the time I've been on CD going from feeling so ecstatic at losing weight and getting lovely comments to feeling quite depressed. A lot of that is because of the issues I have with food and facing up to those issues. Also I have hidden behind my weight for a very long time and suddenly I feel exposed.

I am sure that you will be alright. You will lose weight and not be destined to be 'fat' forever. Keep the faith sweetie. Everything will be fine. xxx

Back