Step 1 Sole Source So fed up - scales just dont move

maryloo13

Hi

I'm on week 7 now and only lost 16lbs - the scales don't move
Wk 1 - 4, wk 2 - 3, wk 3 -4, wk 4 -1, wk 5 - 3, wk 6 - 1

That's an average of 2 per week :(

I 100% SS with 3-4 litres water a day and I swim for an hour three times a week

I started at 12.12 and want to get down to 8 - I'm 5" only.

I started exactly 12 weeks before we move into our new house and wanted to be 3 stone lighter - at this rate I won't be 2 stone down :(((

I enjoy the structure of the diet but just don't feel I'm getting the results for the money and the antisocial miserable witch I have become!

Any advice welcome on what I may be doing to make this so slow

That's still a really good weight loss! Have you thought about maybe eating one of the sole source plus meals on the day you swim? Just because sometimes you need a few extra cals to help you burn the weight off, if that makes sense? If you think - you're probably burning off about 300 odd calories by swimming, so on just the three shakes that mean your daily intake is dangerously low and your body might not have the energy to get rid of the weight? Also, have you checked your measurements? Sometimes the scales can say one thing but you are still losing inches in size!

It's just an idea, I'm no expert but thought it might help :) Good luck either way and keep going - you've done so well so far! x

Even when I SS my weight doesn't go down as fast as others' either. I just accept it for what it is and am glad I am losing anything. It is frustrating. A lot of people say you should be careful exercising on SS as your body does try to hold onto as much as possible if it feels it is being starved, which it will if you have a huge calorie deficit from exercise. Also if you exercise a lot you may need more carbs. Best of luck - perhaps if you like to exercise a higher calorie and higher carb plan would work better for you.

Thank you for your kind comments

The main reason I go swimming as it makes me warm as I'm fed up with being cold all the time and to tone my arms a bit

Will carry on until we move house and then see if I want to carry on or maybe start ww and go to the gym instead of swimming

Just want my OH to be proud of me in our new town!

Thank you for your kind comments

The main reason I go swimming as it makes me warm as I'm fed up with being cold all the time and to tone my arms a bit

Will carry on until we move house and then see if I want to carry on or maybe start ww and go to the gym instead of swimming

Just want my OH to be proud of me in our new town!

I bet he's already proud of you!

Back