So I too went shopping!

Theresa6

Silver Member
Allbeit not today but havent really had the chance to post since.

I went and did the food shop on Friday evening and didnt get home til gone 11pm!!!

Anyway.... I went into Dunnes (a bit like Asda with food and clothes) and picked up a few bits ofschool uniform for the kids. My skinny daughter was looking at clothes so I took a peek at what I might fit into in 3 weeks for my hols. I had seen a lovely dress weeks ago but I wasnt buying it in a size 16.. In the middle of the shop they had a rack of jeans all reduced between €5 & €7.. All size 12's would you have it... I was gutted... they were lovely and so cheap. I have promised myself I wont buy anything until the week before the holiday and besides, a size 12 wont fit yet. My daughter persuaded me to try them on anyway which I was a bit concerned about. I mean if they were way too tight then I would be so deflated and de-motivated. In the end curiosity got the better of me..... I tried them on..

OMGG they fitted and well at that!!! They are lovely and I feel so great its unreal. Total motivation to carry on until my hols!!!

I know Dunnes can be generous in their sizing but we moved to Ireland 7 years ago and have never been able to fit into any of their size 12's since then!!

AAAAHHHH!!!

thats brilliant chick!!! bet your chuffed :D xxxx

that's awesome!! keep up the good work!! :D

Hi Theresa

Feels good - eh! This will keep you motivated for your hols...good news and hope you have a fab week after this...you will be feeling on cloud nine now.

Take care

well done great feeling isnt it xxxx

Congrats on the size 12s, that's great! Real motivation to keep going til your hols. Well done!

Dunnes aren't generous in their sizing- try a 'next' size 12 and you'll see what I mean!!!
That happened me in Oasis a few weeks back- I was trying on dresses in 16's (they are small fitting! LOL!) and the 14 fitted perfectly! But it didn't suit me so I didn't take it. Out of curiousity I tried on some jeans in next and the 12's fitted perfectly- so I hit Ebay when I got home and bought 4 pairs for 99p each! LOL! My dunnes 12's are still a little tight though? But they're low rise boyfriend ones so I'm making a bit of an allowance! (they were €8 in the sale rack too!)

Way to go!!!

brilliant - it#'s great to get these extra boosts as well as the weekly weight loss!

I went shopping on Saturday and bought 2 new dresses from Monsoon for the upcoming hen weekend I have in a fortnight. both size 18 (no size 18s in there fitted me a fortnight ago!!) and a size 18 mac. I will be posting photos soon :)

Can't wait to see them Elle-emm!

one of them is very 'me' and the other is so NOT me at all, lol. my friends are quite intrigued!

have put a photo from april in my photo section but have changed a LOT since then. i just never really do photos as i always hate them, hopefully that will change now :)

Back