So Mad!!

syanna

So, I went back to the doctors yesterday as i have now lost the 7lb that i needed to loose. Got on the scales and they read that i have only lost 2lb!! I showed her my SW book with my weight losses in and she said unfortunately she had to see it for herself on her scales and the 7lb loss has to be within a 4 week period! I have been on SW 6 weeks!

Told me to come back in 4 weeks and hopefully then I will have lost 7lb on her scales.

When i got in the car to go home, i burst into tears, i was totally gutted.
When i told my husband he was so suportive and said not to worry about it, he can see i have lost weight and in 4 more weeks i will have lost more so stuff her.
I know i can do it. It just makes me mad that some people seem to just be given it because they ask for it when I am having to work hard to get it. I am 6stone over weight, not just a couple of stone like some people are when they get it.

Oh well, nothing i can do about it.

stick to it, i know what you mean when you try hard and get nowere!

if your doctor complains again, i would fight your corner,ask her if its better to lose weight slowly but steadily or fast?
my doctor was a bit like this,but i said isnt it better that im doing something about my weight and BMI or was she happy for me to be overweight?
sometimes you have to do what your hubby says and 'stuff em' lol
keep going tho

That happened to me last year when I was on SW. But then the doc said if I took in my SW book she would give me the Xenical. At the time I decided not to and this time around the same doc gave it to me as soon as I asked. Although I do have to lose so much to get another 4 weeks worth.

So sorry it's happened to you hun. I would be in tears too.

Keep you chin up syanna!! Like your fella said stuff the narrow minded so and so!! It really angers me to see doctors being so controlling when patients are so desperate to achieve better health! My usual gp was refusing to help me and when i told her how I was feeling really low everyday the advice she gave me was 'well how about going for a walk to push the thoughts to the back of you mind!' So i went to a different gp who looked at my records and could see that i can loose a little weight by my self and gave me a xenical perscription straight away!

You can do this, if you ever need a chat just drop us a msg!

Love katie
xxx

It is pants that you even showed your book to her and she wouldn't but TBF, GP's shouldn't be handing this out willy nilly. I'm more worried about the people who just go in and ask and get it. Especially when they are not massively overweight.

Exactly my point. I think if your health is at risk then if you can show you are loosing wieght sensibly then its unfair to not give you assistance! My new gp has also given me a referal to an exersize scheme. Basically you get a one to one consultaion to find out how much you should be doing and you are given a fitness plan. Once you have had that you can go to various gyms and get addmission for a discounted rate. Its worth mentioning to your gp on your next visit xxxx

Give it your all the next four weeks and prove her wrong. And if she's still being a b*tch then see a different one!! Chin up x

Yeah my friend is at "fat class" (we joke about it) tommorow to be assessed and educated before they willconsider giving her it and she has to go every week. I think thats better than just getting it like I did and my doctor didn't even tell mehow it worked, I wouldn't take it untill I had researched it myself!

Back