Sort of newbie!

Miss_Motivated

Hiya,

So as the title says I'm sort of a newbie in that I've been on here a while, but used a different user name and I've done all the diets slimming world, Cambridge, slim and save and I never ever stick to it. EVER! And I'm sick of not being able to stick to anything. I've been trying to lose weight since I had a child in 2009 and ended up putting on 3st more instead of actually losing it.

I started Slim and save a few weeks ago to get me going and I've put on all the weight I lost, which I found out this morning and was really broken hearted about it but should have known it would happen really. I looked in the mirror this morning and actually just felt so disgusted at myself that I wanted to cry because I've let myself get this way. I have a total of 9st to lose and it just seems so unreachable that's like a whole person, and I need to lose all that. Anyway after getting upset I got angry and gave myself a stern talking too.

I need to realise it isn't going to happen overnight. While meal replacement diets may work for others it isn't going to work for me (I love food far too much). What will work for me is weight watchers. It will work because I have the apps on my phone (this was the deciding factor over SW) I have the magazines on the pad and I have the fire in my belly (among other things)! Because I didn't start the day on weight watchers I'm not technically starting today but I have been eating healthier to prepare for it. I am doing it online as the meetings just aren't for me, I've tried them before and hated it.

So this is a fresh start for me which is why I made a new account. No looking back and hopefully me sticking to this and this time next year being a lot lighter than what I am!

I look forward to getting to know you all

X

Hi Miss_Motivated, I know the feeling only too well at not being able to stick to it..of putting all the weight back on ... of being constantly trying since I was young!
I have been slim 3 times during my life and each time vowed I would not put it all back on again... soo disheartening when you suddenly realise you are back to square one isn't it?!
Well I do hope you will find the will to stick to it this time but do remember that when those blips come along it's not the end of everything ..you won't be classed as a failure, just get back to it a.s.a.p.

All the best to you.

Aww good luck! I've been doing ww now for about 12 weeks! I'm a lifetime sw! But decided I needed to stick my teeth into something new and the weight is coming off much better than sw, think it helps to teach you to have smaller portion size. I went a little off rails last week and gained for the first time (4lbs) eeeekkkk now I'm back on it and hoping for the best!

One tip - take before pics front and side! You won't believe how a little weight can make a difference!

Good luck on your new journey :) xx

Good luck with your journey :)

Hi Miss Motivated! Good luck with your journey. I'm starting back on WW this weekend too. It is the best plan, I love that you can have anything as long as it's within your points. But I also love the filling and healthy for when I need something less regimented.

Focus on one day, one week, and half a stone at a time. I find doing that stops me focusing on the long term and how much I have to lose.

Thanks everyone. I am feeling very positive. I changed my weigh in day to Fridays so for some reason the app kept asking me to weigh in so I thought sod it ill just do it and its showing that I lost 7lbs!!!! I am so overjoyed I could BURST. I weighed myself 3 different times in 3 different spots just to make sure the scales weren't tricking me lol.

What's funny is that is the same amount I lost on slim and save my first week, which just goes to show that they are as good as each other. X

Thanks everyone. I am feeling very positive. I changed my weigh in day to Fridays so for some reason the app kept asking me to weigh in so I thought sod it ill just do it and its showing that I lost 7lbs!!!! I am so overjoyed I could BURST. I weighed myself 3 different times in 3 different spots just to make sure the scales weren't tricking me lol.

What's funny is that is the same amount I lost on slim and save my first week, which just goes to show that they are as good as each other. X

Yah! Well done on the 7lbs off!

Yey well done great weight loss x

Back